Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unsung Heroes

Unsung Heroes

If you could give out Yavin 4 ceremony badges to these SW characters (since we have god-vision and see what everyone does during the series) who would you give them to?

1. Wedge. Notable achievement: survived two assaults on two death stars and blew up the second. Survived Hoth battle. Partied like a rock star on Endor.

2. R2. Kept Anakin's secret identity from Luke and Leia until his grave...also saved about everyone on average 3-6 times a scene.

3. Anakin Skywalker. Notable achievement: turned back to the good side, killed Emperor, saved Luke, figured out how to become one with the force sans Qui Gon/Yoda training.
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.

Why do you think that R2 knew Anakin was Darth Vader or even survived Mustafar?

Zev (a.k.a. Rouge 2)... without him, Han gets frozen earlier, AND smells bad on the outside.

Lobot... speak softly and carry a big headset.

That Star Destroyer gunner who decided not to fire at the "jetisonned" escape pod in ANH... that'd have been the shortest sci-fi movie series ever.

_____________________ [space left here for 2-1B's response]
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Chewbacca should have gotten one. He was right there. Poor Chewy!
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

Come to think of it, Wedge Antilles and all the other surviving Rebel Pilots should have at least gotten some kind of commendation for the Battle of Yavin. Maybe not the same medal as Luke, but he still deserved some kind of medal for volunteering to go fight and surviving (for instance, if Luke got the silver star, then Wedge could have gotten a Bronze star).

If I recall the 1977 explanation of why Chewie didn't get a medal, it was because his race didn't value trivial things like awards and commendations. Instead, Han, Luke and Leia would all go to Chewie's home planet and have a celebration for his heroism there. Cue the Holiday Special....

Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th View Post
    Chewbacca should have gotten one. He was right there. Poor Chewy!
    Yeah! And by that argument, 3PO and Leia should have gotten one since they were watching from Yavin! Did Chewie make any decisions to go back? Did Chewie risk his ship to shoot Darth Vader's TIE? Did Chewie do most of the piloting or man the guns? No, he's even less important than R2-D2.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Yeah! And by that argument, 3PO and Leia should have gotten one since they were watching from Yavin! Did Chewie make any decisions to go back? Did Chewie risk his ship to shoot Darth Vader's TIE? Did Chewie do most of the piloting or man the guns? No, he's even less important than R2-D2.
    Damn! The Chewy argument shot down just like that!

Well maybe he got his hair brushed like a good doggy. 3-P0 and R2 got shined up nicely at least.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Come to think of it, Wedge Antilles and all the other surviving Rebel Pilots should have at least gotten some kind of commendation for the Battle of Yavin. Maybe not the same medal as Luke, but he still deserved some kind of medal for volunteering to go fight and surviving (for instance, if Luke got the silver star, then Wedge could have gotten a Bronze star).
    Maybe they did get some recognition, but all we saw was the part of the ceremony where they honored Han & Luke. Kind of like those technical awards at the Oscars that they don't show in prime time.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I think Chewie might have helped convince Han to go back and help. You can tell he was getting to him when Han said, "What're you lookin' at? I know what I'm doing."

Didn't Wedge get a Starbuck's gift card for his participation in the Battle of Yavin?

That BSG guy had to do SOMETHING after he retired..........
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Two words: participation ribbons. OR: firm handshakes.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."