Vintage Diecast Tie Fighter MOC Inquiry

I puchased a white vintage diecast Tie Fighter MOC and it actually looks like it has some wear. Does anyone know if this is normal for this carded vehicle? I am 95% sure it is not a recard. Thanks!
    Yoda - "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you."

Remember, that any Die Cast SW vehicle from the Kenner line is anywhere from 25 to 30 years old. So my inexpert opinion says, yes, there may be wear.

I just re-read your post roberr22, and it's a carded purchase, not loose. That would be a red flag to me that it wasn't always carded.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Bel-Cam Jos,

Thank you for the reply. Would you mind taking a look at the attached pics and rendering an opinion? As you can see, there appears to be some wear on the two "horns" above the cockpit glass. Also, the top and edges seem to have a bit of wear. Is this typical factory error, or should this Tie Fighter's body be completely white? Thanks again!

Other opinions are welcome as well. Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tie 1.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	21065   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tie 3.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	73.9 KB 
ID:	21066   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tie 4.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	86.2 KB 
ID:	21067  
    Yoda - "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you."

I'm not an expert on carded stuff, so I somewhat going by the sit of my pants. First, why are you so sure it's not a recard? Second, is there any paint wear on the edge of the wings? I'd be looking for paint wear anywhere this item would be handled, touched or set down. The bottom edge of the wings seems like a likely place. Given what I've seen so far I'd said it doesn't look good.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

Thanks for weighing in on this, LuciferSam. I don't think it's a recard because, after careful examination, I find that the bubble has absolutely no evidence of any tearing or resealing around the edges. Every line matches up PERFECTLY. The card and bubble are not perfect, which suggests that this is not a computer generated copy. Also, the person from whom I purchased the vehicle seemed like an honest person (although, who can ever be sure) and he said it had been in his possesion since initially purchased.

The wings look flawless.

Are there any specific indicators that might denote recarding? Thanks again for your help!

With the three pics you attached, I'd say it is probably just factory scuffing. How is the rest of the card (edges, scratches, creases, fading, etc.)? You may have lucked out to get a pretty good saved-from-25-years-ago item.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

The rest of the card is in good shape, with some minor veins and creases. The color is sharp and the bubble is clear (no yellowing). The bottom, middle of the bubble is lifting very slightly. I hope you're right about the factory scuffing.

In addition to the Tie Fighter, I purchased a diecast Landspeeder and diecast X-Wing, both MOC. These vehicles look perfect in their bubbles. Perhaps this is another indication that the Tie Fighter has not been recarded.

I have learned to spot repro weapons with loose figures, but I haven't had as much experience dealing with carded figures.

Thanks again!

Well if there's no wear on the places you'd expect to see wear occur first, like th edges or corners of the wings, I'd agree with BCJ. The Imperial Dignitary is well known for having paint wear on the card. The nose frequently is chipped. This could easily be the same thing.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

Thanks for the response! That's interesting about the Imperial Dignitary. I haven't been collecting for too long (trying to recapture the figures I sold for a song back in the 80's). I guess I always assumed that anything on a card would be pristine.