Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: District 9

District 9

Have you heard of this movie? Are you--like me--planning to see it?
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.

I have heard of it. The trailer looks pretty good, IMO it looks better then GI Joe Rise of Cobra. Can't get used to those cheap HALO-like armor suit they wear. And no offense to Marlon Wayans "Ripcord". Sorry, if I spelled his name wrong, but his charater looks really annoying. And the animation even from the trailer looks really cheesey and cheap. I'll spend my money on District-9................Halo Knock-Off........... And wait for GI Joe to come out on DVD and, MAYBE, rent it.
    "I'm a simple man, trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango Fett

LET'S GO PENS!!!! LET'S GO PENS!!!!

Well because it is the HALO movie that Peter Jackson handed off to some other guy who than transformed the project into something that could resemble a story.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

The more I see about it, the more I'm interested.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Saw D9 today...without any doubt in my mind THE movie of the summer, and the most original sci-fi movie since The Matrix. Also a kick-butt action piece as well. The best CGI I've ever seen, too.
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

They were promoting this a year ago at Comic-Con with signage about not allowing aliens into certain areas of the convention center. Steve and I watched a fake protest going up and down the Gaslamp about aliens rights and chuckled.

I haven't considered seeing it, it sounds interesting but the original ads this year made it seem more like a parable about South African segregation. However, a few reviews today made it clear it's not merely that. So I dunno, I've got a busy weekend coming up and next week I'll be out of commission with my final wisdom tooth extraction, then it's my birthday. But I do kinda want to see it.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Ouch. You've still got wisdom teeth? If you don't mind my asking, how is it that you retained one this long but it has to be extracted? (Feel free to tell me to shut up and mind my own beeswax.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Ouch. You've still got wisdom teeth? If you don't mind my asking, how is it that you retained one this long but it has to be extracted? (Feel free to tell me to shut up and mind my own beeswax.)
    I started having them taken out about a year and a quarter ago, then I broke that molar during last year's comic-con lunch, remember? That interrupted the pace of having the rest taken out 1 at a time since it's based on what I can afford at that time.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Saw it today. Enjoyed it quite a bit. Effects are really damn good.

My only problem is the way it was shot - and I'm not talking about the handi-cam doc-style. It was the way they seem to keep switching from a documentary about the incident to a typical movie, filmed doc-style, and trying to keep it as one single narrative.
    There are times it seemed like a camera man was following the main character while he performed his job and slid into a cinematographer filming a movie without the aid of a steadicam. And it'll cut back to people being interviewed in the documentary style.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Who's making Prawn toys...that's what I wanna know???!!! But yes, you're right about the style it was shot, at times a bit klunky & distracting, but that's my only complaint. Nice to have aliens show up somewhere besides LA, New York or DC. There is an underlying connection to the woes in South Africa, but I didn't thing it bashed you over the head as I was watching. I was actually rooting for the Prawns by the end.
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."