Thread: Logitech Z5500

Logitech Z5500

I'm not exactly sure where to begin. For some time I wanted a speaker system that would hook to both my computer and the rest of my A/V stuff, mainly the TV.

I guess it began at C2 in Indy; one of the booths there was for Klipsch (sp?), which was displaying a THX certified computer speaker set up. IIRC, they may have even been branded SW... not positive. I am positive that I wanted it though.

Sometime within the next year I got a new computer, and found a Logitech THX certified system with 4 speakers and a bass unit. Unsure exactly what the price was, in the $300 range, but less than the Klipsch.

So, anywho, time goes by. My TV was hooked to my stereo, but it didn't sound as good as my comp speakers. Was very frustrated that no one seemed to make a system that would hook all this tech together, especially after getting the HD flatscreen, which doubles as my comp monitor. Was surprised that some of the higher end names didn't do this.

One day I decide to check Logitech and see what they offered. Lo and behold I come across the Z-5500, MSRP $400. It seems to have been out for a number of years now, as I couldn't find any local retailers selling it. Looked on Amazon, and they have it for $295 (give or take a couple bucks). Hooked it up over the weekend and LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you've ever wanted something like this then check it out on Amazon. Also read the reviews, hundreds of 4 and 5 star ratings. Will have to write a review myself.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

Computer speakers don't need to have the volume or range that home entertainment speakers do, which is why you don't get the same quality from the latter.

I've got my old Sony bookshelf system, those speakers deliver pretty well but I don't ask much from them, and the amp has gone bad over the years so it cuts off completely when it gets to its bass limitation (very frustrating).

And yeah, that is how you spell Klipsch, very good.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.