Thread: Rockabye Baby!

Rockabye Baby!

The other week I was making a delivery at a baby's / children's furniture store and was getting a signature by the front desk. I happen to notice they have a small CD display, and I recognized one cover from Coldplay. A closer look reveals that it, and all the CD's in the display, are lullaby versions of these bands. It was then I realized that the song I was hearing was the lullaby version of Stairway to Heaven. I ended up buying the Radiohead version then, and ordering U2, which I've since gotten but haven't listened to yet.

They make lullaby versions of ...
    Pink Floyd
    the Cure
    Bob Marley
    Radiohead
    Coldplay
    Metallica
    Led Zep
    Tool
    Bjork
    No Doubt
    Nirvana
    Queens of the Stone Age
    Smashing Pumpkins
    the Pixies
    Beach Boys
    the Eagles
    Beatles
    Nine Inch Nails (wonder what Closer sounds like?)
    The Ramones
    Green Day
    Black Sabbath
    Rolling Stones
    Queen

Coming soon...
    Kanye West
    Stevie Wonder
    AC/DC
    David Bowie
    White Stripes
    and more...
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

I've heard of these before, and I'm not sure what to make of them. Is it introducing babies to this music so they can appreciate it early, is it for parents who would rather listen to vaguely familiar music that they like, or is it just a degradation of otherwise great music? I'm not sure.

You can bet your *** my kids will grow up listening to Pink Floyd and Queen, though.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram