Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Early?

Exclamation Early?

Why are some people getting Episode II toys so early? Shoudn't they be waiting like evry one else?

Re: Early?

Originally posted by starwars92590
    Why are some people getting Episode II toys so early? Shoudn't they be waiting like evry one else?
    If they wanna spend the extra money to aquire them early, whats wrong with that? I myself may end up buying one or two off of ebay in the next few days just to have something early to open myself. No way I would pay what some people are paying for the figures early though. But I can get Capt. Typho or some of the less popular ones for about 15.00. I figure though for most of them, I'll wait and get them for 5.88 at Wal-mart.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I can disagree with the massive amount of money being thrown around in the AOTC secondary market, but I can't criticize the methods and wants of others.

I just hope they aren't disappointed by their investments.
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

Most likely they will be, but as saddening as it is, it's best to hope it teaches them a lesson cause if people don't try to throw cash around to just get a piece of plastic early no matter if it's 50x over the retail price or more, then scalpers won't be able to sell alot and then some would hopefully stop with SW.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Originally posted by LTBasker
    Most likely they will be, but as saddening as it is, it's best to hope it teaches them a lesson cause if people don't try to throw cash around to just get a piece of plastic early no matter if it's 50x over the retail price or more, then scalpers won't be able to sell alot and then some would hopefully stop with SW.
    I agree and I gotta say since I've been roaming these forums for the last couple of months I've noticed that alot of people wait it out (buying a figure) until they can get it at a decent price. I think we are all becoming quite aware of the antics of poodu scalpers. Well....most anyways
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

In my very humble opinion, if anyone pays more than retail for any of the upcoming figures, they are fools. I guarantee that there will be no shortage of the first few waves, and your local toy aisles at Wal-Mart will be plastered with Anakins and Obi-Wans come May.

With the exception of the OT figures, there are only 3 figures I'm interested in getting in May. The rest I'll wait for until they are on clearence. Nothing better than getting sub-par figures for $2 a pop!
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

Well, the release of the AOTC figures is still two months away, and some people don't want to wait that long. I personally won't pay huge sums of money just to have the figures a couple months ahead of time, but I don't mind paying a little over retail for some of the figures I REALLY want.

I'm with JarJar, what people do with their money is their own buisness. I've bought a couple of the cheaper ones ($15) off the internet, and I don't regret it because they were also some of my favorita characters. But I saw the entire collection 2 at a toy show this weekend, and most were going for $35-50 a piece. I'd much rather wait and get them at retail for $5.99.
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

Originally posted by pthfnder89
    I'm with JarJar, what people do with their money is their own buisness. I've bought a couple of the cheaper ones ($15) off the internet, and I don't regret it because they were also some of my favorita characters.
    Well, don't keep us in suspense. What were the ones you bought? Come on, spill it. I think I wana try and get a Jango and probably Boba early, but being popular charecters they always go for more then $15.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I don't see anything wrong with paying high prices to get figures early. I think those people are crazy. I'm gonna get em a lot cheaper when I get them from the stores.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Originally posted by JarJarBinks

Well, don't keep us in suspense. What were the ones you bought? Come on, spill it. I think I wana try and get a Jango and probably Boba early, but being popular charecters they always go for more then $15.

Jar Jar Binks
    Well, I ordered the regular Battle Droid and Plo Koon from Amok Time for $15 each, because Plo is definitely my favorite Ep1 Jedi, and I think the Ep2 figure looks pretty great.

Then I bought Shaak Ti from a vendor at the SciFi Expo this weekend. I have to say, I'm pretty disappointed with her. I was one of the very few people who thought she looked good in the internet pics, even though she can't move much. But the great paint detail from the pictures apparently didn't translate well at all into the final figure. It looks pretty bad, and she doesn't have *any* arm articulation aside from her shoulders. So I kinda burned myself on that one.

But my beloved Plo Koon should get here tomorrow with his battle droid, so I'll let you know what I think of them.

The vendor at the Expo had Artoo, Shaak Ti, Plo, Battle Droid, Super BD, Typho, Boba and the preview JAngo.

I wasn't about to pay $35 for the lousy Preview Jango, and Boba was also $35, so I only walked off with Shaak Ti.
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?