Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

TLC A New Hope Wave

Hi res photos are out of this wave and I've just gotta say these figs look even better in hi res. Couple questions:

Did they paint R2's blue with glitter paint? I guess it tried to mimic the lightning effects but who would want a clean R2 with a restraining bolt wearing body glitter?

What is wrong with Hrchek Kal Fas' eyes? On the card they're all black and the figure has gold eyes with tiny little beady pupils. Also, his droid part also seems to be glitter painted as well. Are we getting a glittery R4-P44? The slideshow from Comic-Can kinda looks like it....

And are those little plastic things with Leesub and Hrchek supposed to be glasses for drinks? They look more like the table lights....
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Is that Boba from evolutions? It looks really good and for once it looks like his antena is not curved horribly?

Any look at Solo without the helmet? Does that chest guard come off?

I had no idea that figure was coming out! I'll be hunting him, like a good bounty hunter!
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Qui-Long Gone View Post
    Is that Boba from evolutions? It looks really good and for once it looks like his antena is not curved horribly?

I had no idea that figure was coming out! I'll be hunting him, like a good bounty hunter!
    Technically it's the VOTC Fett. The Evo Fett was the ESB paint app, this one is ROTJ. I would love to see the Evo one on a cardback since mine doesn't have the tampo.... And there are carded pics on other sites that show Solo carded and he's not wearing the chest piece so it is removable. The carded pic also shows him without the helmet and the face sculpt is pretty not so good.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

These do indeed look pretty good. No shots of Ki-Adi-Mundi or the Jawa yet.

I thought R2-D2 would have different panels, so you could display him with or without the bolt. But I guess you could just put the electricity effect on another figure.

Han looks more like Steve Martin. The stormtrooper helmet is ginormous, but I wasn't planning on displaying him like that anyway. Hopefully they'll do a version with the normal holster, since he seems to look great otherwise (regular-size limbs, SA, etc.).

It'll be nice to finally have a co-pilot Chewie! But why in the hell is he missing a tooth on the card art???

What happened to the Scanning Crew's accessory? I was looking forward to that. I know they were planning on doing a second version, so hopefully that one will have it. The card art makes him look like a damn pedophile. The figure itself looks amazing, though.

I do wonder why they changed Hrchek's eyes. The card art is correct, and the figure is not.

Leesub looks cool. Are those glasses? If so, they're upside-down in the packaging.

EDIT: They keep updating the page.

Boba Fett is the Evolution one, from ESB - look at his green wristbands. The colors are a little richer than the original release, but I'll probably pass on it.

I like that they named Deviss on the package. He's kind of a weird choice for a re-release, but whatever. Padmé and Boba were good choices, I think.

The Fett's helmet seems to be in good proportion so that's why I didn't think it was VOTC (my big complaint with that almost perfect figure was the helmet proportions and bendy antena)....

I get more depressed by Solo figures!
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Boba Fett is the Evolution one, from ESB - look at his green wristbands. The colors are a little richer than the original release, but I'll probably pass on it.
    Well if you compare the belts on the VOTC and Evo versions it shows that this is clearly the Evo sculpt (on the VOTC the belt pouches come all the way across the front, the Evo does not). However, like you said the color of the gauntlets says ESB, but the helmet color scheme is all wrong for ESB. If this is how they look on the pegs this is a very easy pass.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkJedi5 View Post
    Hi res photos are out of this wave and I've just gotta say these figs look even better in hi res. Couple questions:

Did they paint R2's blue with glitter paint? I guess it tried to mimic the lightning effects but who would want a clean R2 with a restraining bolt wearing body glitter?
    I think the glitter is supposed to be more ionization.

What is wrong with Hrchek Kal Fas' eyes? On the card they're all black and the figure has gold eyes with tiny little beady pupils.
    Yeah, his eyes are hilariously bad. I think they're going for what the back of the eye looked like, but that's not how it appears onscreen.

And are those little plastic things with Leesub and Hrchek supposed to be glasses for drinks? They look more like the table lights....
    Could be either I guess. Turn them upside-down and they would look more like glasses though.

Quote Originally Posted by Qui-Long Gone View Post
    It is, and don't jinx it.

Page 2 of that gallery has the pic, it's really bad but funny. I updated the link in the opening post to reflect all the pics after putting the pics into the article itself.

Technically it's the VOTC Fett. The Evo Fett was the ESB paint app, this one is ROTJ. I would love to see the Evo one on a cardback since mine doesn't have the tampo.... And there are carded pics on other sites that show Solo carded and he's not wearing the chest piece so it is removable. The carded pic also shows him without the helmet and the face sculpt is pretty not so good.
    Wrong, this is the Evo mold, look at the hinges in the shoulderpads.

Jawa pics being added right now. Looks very good.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Well if you compare the belts on the VOTC and Evo versions it shows that this is clearly the Evo sculpt (on the VOTC the belt pouches come all the way across the front, the Evo does not). However, like you said the color of the gauntlets says ESB, but the helmet color scheme is all wrong for ESB. If this is how they look on the pegs this is a very easy pass.
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Wrong, this is the Evo mold, look at the hinges in the shoulderpads.
    Yeah we got that settled.... Either way this Fett is a huge disappointment for me.

I dont know why I like the IG-88 Concept figure so much
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Kidhuman View Post
    I dont know why I like the IG-88 Concept figure so much
    He's kinda retro looking, sort of like the Sky Captain robots.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	75-foot-robot-sky-captain-and-the-world-of-tomorrow-movie-premiere-arrivals-1KU9Rb.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	49.8 KB 
ID:	21140  
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"