Metroid Prime III: Corruption

I couldn't find a thread discussing the game.

Man. This thing was crazy. I bought it when it first came out about two years ago I think, and just completed it this last weekend.

It uses the wiimote to interact with control panels and things. Boss battles were sometimes a real pain in the butt. Mainly due to me not pointing the wiimote in the direction of the sensor bar.

The environments are very emmersive and huge. By far the largest levels of any in the Metroid Prime series. Bosses were really tough.

I don't want to get to much into the plot details. I didn't know about any of it so it was a treat to watch the story unfold. Not as good as Metroid Prime: Echoes, the second game in the Metroid Prime trilogy, but still a mighty fine game. Excellent level design. I can't say enough good things about it.

The final, final boss battle was very cool. Someone from the NES Metroid returns substantially changed. Nice nostalgic salute to longtime Metroid fans.

I really want to get into this series as I've never played any of them or finished the first game for the NES. Would like to pick this up at a nice price.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Quote Originally Posted by DarthQuack View Post
    I really want to get into this series as I've never played any of them or finished the first game for the NES. Would like to pick this up at a nice price.
    Are you serious?! You've never played through the first game?

This is the best video game franchise on the planet. Period. I don't say that lightly. Zeldas are good but I never feel sucked into the world you know? Marios are fun but feel like a game. Metroid (especially the Prime series) is an experience that has no equal.

Halo was good, but it was too similar to other 3D shooters. Metroid Prime games are shooters, but they are so much more. The entire level design is one intricate puzzle, but the puzzle designs are constructed in such a way that you forget its a puzzle. When you get the spiderball add-on the levels just blossom with coolness.

Its one of the few franchises out there that you actually feel like you've been rewarded with something extremely cool. There are so many hidden items. Getting them all is a true test of perserverence.

The trilogy you posted is worth the price. I think the first Metroid is on Wiiware. You should try it out first. It still holds up after 25 years. For 400 wii points (I think) you can't go wrong.

See this is why Nintendo gets it right time and time again. A remastered trilogy? For the Same price as Corruption? That is awesome. Sign me up.

I have Zelda first and Metroid as a close second but only because of how good Orcana of Time is.

The best part of Metroid is unlike Zelda where each series is of a different era, Metroid is one person, one era, one long series.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Just picked up the trilogy. Traded in the two game cube games and the Wii version. The final cost was 30 dollars. So far the change from Gamecube to Wii has been fluid. The Wii motion plus is an excellent addition to the game. Been a while since I played 3, was the missle launch always down on the D-pad?
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

I'm planning on getting the trilogy set myself. I would've already but I put Guitar hero 5 on preorder to take advantage of free offering for the Van Halen expansion.