Hybrid View

Thumbs up Boxed Gundam 4" Figures

Have you seen these things yet? They're pretty neat and only a couple bucks more than regular deluxe figures. These are like the basic Zaku and RX-78, but they interact with the vehicles and extra pieces they come with. I really like the RX-78, it splits in half and you can see it's docked core fighter inside (it's non removable, though there's a separate core fighter with the set too). They're pretty neat, but the RX-78 is much more versatile IMO than the Zaku, which has more complete vehicles, but they have less interaction. Still, making tanks and other goodies out of these cool Mobile Suits is a real fun play idea, AND they make for some great displays.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I broke down and bought the Mazinger Z some time ago. This fella is so cool looking and it is more like back to original. There isn't so much gadget on him and it's just plain and menacing. Whats more, it has got a lot of articulations.

Now, he is standing proudly next to my PC montor at office. But he'll soon be replace with a Rancor I'm gonna get soon

I have seen the new Gundum figures at work, but they just don't "do it" for me. But then again, I have never been big into robots.

Robots steal old people's medicine and use it for food.

I thought Mazinger Z was a Japanese boxed "deluxe" from Bandai, it looked pretty cool but I don't think it'd sell in the US like Gundam does. I dunno why though. The US Boxed Deluxe Edition Gundams I'm referring to are much MUCH bigger boxes than the Japanese Deluxe figures I've seen, these US Deluxe Edition Figure/Vehicle sets have vehicles larger than the figure and a big, kinda wasteful tray. These boxes are about the size of the $10 Power Ranger small vehicles, which if you've seen them at TRU, you know are about 8" long, a surprising package for a line that's been previously all carded.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Thumbs up

I went to Target a few days ago and there was a man in the AF aisle looking at the Gundam figures. As I was looking around he got my attention and asked me "What is the story with these Gundam Figures?" He hadn't heard of them before that day. I was shocked.
    My wife treats me like an ATM machine. She pushes my buttons until I give her money.

JT, I'm not sure how it was packaged in the US or they even have a different packaging at all in terms of sites wise.
    We have them here as a window box which the window uses a "L" catch to the card behind so that you can slide it out. The rest of the box serves as a backdrop where there are printed scenes behind. Note that it is not blister card format.

Anyway, the Mazinger Z doesn't look like a deluxe pack to me as the packaging size and type is same as those Gundams.
    But we do have deluxe Gundam set RX-78 where there are lots of additional armour and cannons to fit in a generic RX-78 model to make it looks weapon laden and full of power. Now, that set is the cream of the crops and looks cool but costs cool too The box's about 2 times the length of the generic ones.