Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Let's do a poll on Funeral Pyre Vader!

Dear Powers That Be,

I would suggest that since Hasbro asked for our input that we do a poll on the Funeral Pyre Vader. I propose one of the real polls like we used to do where you actually clicked a box to vote. Some sites are doing a "would you buy this" poll where you could vote, yes, no, maybe, depends on price, etc. I personally am not crazy about the funeral pyre Vader, but assume most of us would vote yes we would buy it.

I think it would be more interesting to have a poll that allowed voters to pick which one of a number of sets they would rather have. It would be fine to do one based on the prequel trilogy, but I would suggest for now we focus on the original trilogy so we are more accurately comparing apples to apples.

How about, "Which of these would you rather see Hasbro make? Vote for one."

1. Wuher and cantina distillery
    2. A cantina booth set to recreate Han and Greedo's confrontation
    3. Torryn Farr and her ion cannon control console
    4. Han Solo in Carobinte block that fully encases a Han Solo figure
    5. Jabba the Hutt's dais
    6. The funeral pyre set with Luke and Vader

People could throw out other ideas of "deluxe-ish" figures. I think many, many of us would buy a funeral Pyre Vader, but I think it would more interesting to show Hasbro where that really ranks for us.

Wow! I really like the Torryn Farr possibility!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

They're allowing him to be included in the poll we're doing, but that might not be enough. I'd definitely be good with a yes/no poll as well.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Vote Funeral Pyre Vader before someone adds library action collection Jocasta Nu!
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.

I'd say that sort of poll clouds the issue. Hasbro wasn't asking us which imaginary possible sets we would prefer over Funeral Pyre Vader. They were asking us if we were interested. I think we should give them a straight yes/no/yes with some changes kind of poll and give them the raw data trying to get as many people to vote just so we don't say that 7 out of the 10 SSG collectors polled would buy this item (cause there's no way those are the sales figures they are hoping for).

Actually, I think the first step would be to ask Hasbro for some high resolution photos and a description of the figures and features. There are questions that need answers like, which Luke is that? Which Vader? Does Vader even come out of the pyre? Are there lights? Sounds? Is it possible to tweak things based on fan feedback? Things like that, then us collectors can make an informed and wise decision.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

There are lights and sounds, no music. I took 2 short videos, Steve's gonna try to post them in the news soon.

As for a poll, I don't see a lot of excitement about this set yet, so I'm not inclined to start a poll until we see more discussion on the set itself.

DarkJedi5 is totally right that we just need to let Hasbro know what we think about this set, not cloud the issue with talk of other fantasy sets.

Personally, I think it's a cool set.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I want it, I imagine a majority of collectors want it, and I'd be willing to bet Hasbro knows we want it. I bet they're fishing for info on whether it should be a store exclusive, online exclusive, or convention exclusive.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Hasbro doesn't have a clue if we actually would be willing to buy it, from what I could tell. That's the thing, we don't talk about it much, we say we want stuff but there's nothing backing that up.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I, for one, buy one of anything I ask for, unless they majorly screw the pooch or pack it into a really expensive Endor BattlePack, but, no, I'm not bitter about not getting that cool-looking black Ewok.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Depending on how good of a job they do with it, I'd buy as least one. I'd love to see the video of it and/or pics.

As for the fantasy sets, anything Cantina is desireable. If they made a Han vs Greedo booth with all the details, I'd want enough of them to build a whole Cantina out of it.