Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Hasbro cleaning out the pegwarmers?

Jesse over at Jedi Defender was mentioning this rumour.
    Wonder if there's any truth to it?
    Have they done this before?:

Figure Returns A-Plenty

I've got an interesting nugget of news from a reliable anonymous source working for a major retailer, that Hasbro reps are out doing a little Summer Cleaning. Read on for a list of figures that could be leaving pegs at a store near you.

Ak-Rev

Bail Organa

Breha Organa

Yarna D'al Gargan (duh!)

Pons Limbic

Trinto Duaba & Dice Ibegon

Wioslea

All the above were on the list, but may have not been all on the list. This is also something that may be on a regional basis, or only for select stores within a region. It also may be limited to only certain retailer chains. These are Hasbro policies that have a lot of variables. Basically, your mileage may vary as to whether you see these returns or not.

Needless to say though, if you were waiting on any of the above figures to go on clearance, you may wish to reconsider that decision and just pick them up now.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

They did a similar thing back in 2002 when there were a ton of pegwarmers, I believe, and they might have done it since then, but I don't think so. Hopefully this is true since those need to get out of here (the CW IG-86 is pretty bad too, but I suppose they won't pull that one).
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I hope that isn't true about the cantina aliens. They are great figures and I hope Hasbro doesn't get cold feet about doing more of them!

They've said they wanted to finish the scene, more or less, so I'm not worried about that. It's just that these particular figures are pegwarming HARD, unlike any other cantina figures I can remember. They'll just make them in fewer numbers, like they've said.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I hope it's accurate, those are the majority of pegwarmers in my area from the 2008 line. Hasbro recently said in Q&A they weren't doing this anymore, but seems like now would be the right time to change that.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid View Post
    I hope that isn't true about the cantina aliens. They are great figures and I hope Hasbro doesn't get cold feet about doing more of them!
    I was going to say. I don't see a whole lot of them on the pegs.

I am still seeing tons of Yarna, Ak-Rev, and lately quite a few Organa's though.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th View Post
    I was going to say. I don't see a whole lot of them on the pegs.

I am still seeing tons of Yarna, Ak-Rev, and lately quite a few Organa's though.
    I'm seeing plenty of the Mos Eisley characters - Wioslea, Pons and Trinto, in that order from most to fewest. Obi-Wan is pretty common too, while the Han, Luke and Spacetrooper are less common.

I very, very occasionally see Wioslea, Trinto, or Breha. And still too many Yarnas. The others, I wouldn't think of as having ever been pegwarmers here.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I very, very occasionally see Wioslea, Trinto, or Breha. And still too many Yarnas. The others, I wouldn't think of as having ever been pegwarmers here.
    You have to remember too those haven't been warming the pegs for over a year like Yarna and Ak-Rev. I would think that would be the criteria for a true pegwarmer.

I could see the removal of the old cards for the new design, but Hasbro already said they would be mixing them in.

thank god i am sick of seeing Bail Organa Breha Organa Yarna D'al Gargan i want to see the new figures finally i hate pegwarmers because they take the fun out of shopping. You go to target hoping to find a new figure however they only have 30 breha's it makes me very mad so hopfully hasbro does take action!
    Supporting:
    JOCASTA NU for Fans Choice Figure