Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I Started Bartending School

So I just got back from my first Bartending Academy class.

Fun stuff. I learned how to shape fruit peels and twists to make fancy drinks for all the ladies.

Dang dude, you gotta lotta hobbies, your livin' life!

So you could open a sports bar (Padres theme) serve drinks, and play guitar and sing during happy hour.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

Careful, this could turn into gainful employment followed by a law suit for showing the baristas the Canadian club.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

I love bartenders, but I rarely see them since after I put the kiddos to bed I usually fall asleep around 10pm....
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.

Did they go over what to do with customers who release remote/radio controlled devices in the bar?

you just doing it for fun, since it doesn't seem like you'd make a career of it?

I misread the title, I thought you said:

I Started Bartending at School.

I had images of Tycho mixing margarita's for college sorority babes, running through my head.

Needless to say, I am a bit disappointed by the realization.

BTW, enjoy T, I'm sure it will come in handy, especially when entertaining friends.

Also, I hear a lot of writers do stuff like this, research and such.
    May the force be with you.

If / when I get out to SD for SDCC I'll bring my TGI Friday's drink book. It has all the ingredients to all their drinks, just not the measurements. Maybe stay an extra day to recover from the hangover (or to keep the party going... detox on the plane!).
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

Quote Originally Posted by mtriv73 View Post
    Did they go over what to do with customers who release remote/radio controlled devices in the bar?
    Oh man! I better not ask for work in a few places around here. Thanks for reminding me.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Jax
    you just doing it for fun, since it doesn't seem like you'd make a career of it?
    Yeah. I mean you can make good money if you work the right places, but I just want an excuse to be out a lot and meet a lot of ladies

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Killer99
    I had images of Tycho mixing margarita's for college sorority babes, running through my head.
    Oh I definitely am already doing that. You should see who I'm going to school with!

Also, I hear a lot of writers do stuff like this, research and such.
    It will also come in handy to pay my editor's bills and throw the rest into promoting the book (and series) when it's finally out.

But yeah, bars are full of ideas for prospective new characters. But it's great for strengthening your own character, too. Man does being the man behind the bar promote you to the top of the social pack fast.

There are a lot of responsibilities though - and keeping names and faces and bills all together inside your head while you're being distracted by that brunette in the corner is like a monumental challenge!

If / when I get out to SD for SDCC I'll bring my TGI Friday's drink book. It has all the ingredients to all their drinks, just not the measurements. Maybe stay an extra day to recover from the hangover (or to keep the party going... detox on the plane!).
    It would be very cool to hang out with you again, Ari. We could even deliver another list to Hasbro. This time of mentally handicapped Star Wars fans who want an action figure of the Naboo Holy Man. (I do!) But as long as we are talking bars, Nyrat Agira should take priority there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post

Yeah. I mean you can make good money if you work the right places, but I just want an excuse to be out a lot and meet a lot of ladies

I have several friends that manage/own bars (so i never pay when i go out drinking) and they all refuse to hire bartender school grads. They laugh at anyone who applies for a job with a degree from there. One of these days i'll get around to asking them why