Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

What are the figures you absolutely DO NOT want to see made?

Seeing as how the Jocasta Nu debate has gotten even more heated than some recent health care town hall meetings ( ), I was wondering if there are really some figures that you just don't want to see. If so, why? For fear they'd sink the line, or because you don't want to see precious resources wasted, or because you just flat-out hate the character?

It sounds like a cop-out but I can't think of any. As a completist, I welcome any and all new figures. But I can do without the 97 different Darth Maul wannabe Sith pretenders from the Legacy comic, for instance.

Well I can't see any particular character not be made. We as customers have the choice to buy or not to buy, and I ceased being a completist a long time ago. But I am getting rather tired of Hasbro trying to market another Clone Trooper by shifting the paint stripes and such. From a moneymaking point of view its so simple to take the same figure and market it as a "different" figure. Obviously people ARE buying them. But that's just a waste for me. Everytime I hear of another wave about to come out, I'm seeing 75% or more being either repacks or Malibu Stacy with New Hat figures. Those I could do without.

Personally, I find absolutely no use in the current Clone Wars line and I can't abide by the drawings. Once I saw that Duro bounty hunter dressed like a villian from a Shane movie (don't know the Duros' name and not going to look it up), I gave up all hope of trying to force myself to like it. The fact that the Battle Droids are written for comedic purposes is bad enough.

Anyways, this is turning into more of a rant than a direct answer to the topic. So let me simply say that I'm sure there's characters all of us wouldn't want made, but if they are, we'll simply not buy them.

I don't want to see any Legacy figures, but that's just me. Personally, I'm fine with whatever floats someone's boat; as long as it doesn't pegwarm, I can live with it.

I would really prefer that older figures who are still adequate don't get remade, though. Did we need three each of Momaw Nadon, Bossk, and Greedo? Did Typho really scream for a revisit in lieu of the still-unmade Cliegg Lars?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

An interesting thread. I never gave it much thought until now.

I agree with Roon Stones, I really have minimal use for the CW line as the designs are often incompatable with the rest of my collection in a visual sense. However, some of the original characers like Cad Bane and General Loathsome I buy, as I can dismiss the visual differences as unique to that species (Loathsome) or unique to the individual (Bane).

The only other figures I could live without and I know I am in the super-minority on this, but I HATE the concept figures. Yes, yes I know how important the drawing were to conceptualizing the Star Wars universe...but that is what they did, they conceptualized it behind the scenes. The real Star Wars to me is what I saw on the silver screen and play, watch, and read in the EU. I just hate seeing concept figures taking up "non-repaint/new mold" slots in the Legacy Collection. That is just my opinion though.

Beyond that, I think all aspects of Star Wars canon have the right to be manifested in plastic goodness. I would just prefer some more than others (ROTS NUTE GUNRAY).
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype]"There was Rocketman, trying to get out, and here comes the cliff, and just before the car went off the cliff, he jumped free! And all the kids cheered! But I didn't cheer. I stood right up and started shouting. This isn't what happened last week! Have you all got amnesia? They just cheated us! This isn't fair! HE DID'NT GET OUT OF THE COCKADOODIE CAR!" - Annie Wilkes [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I don't want to see any Legacy figures, but that's just me. Personally, I'm fine with whatever floats someone's boat; as long as it doesn't pegwarm, I can live with it.

I would really prefer that older figures who are still adequate don't get remade, though. Did we need three each of Momaw Nadon, Bossk, and Greedo? Did Typho really scream for a revisit in lieu of the still-unmade Cliegg Lars?
    Are you mainly a CL collector, Chux? Or are you just saying you don't like the selections for the upcoming waves?
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype]"There was Rocketman, trying to get out, and here comes the cliff, and just before the car went off the cliff, he jumped free! And all the kids cheered! But I didn't cheer. I stood right up and started shouting. This isn't what happened last week! Have you all got amnesia? They just cheated us! This isn't fair! HE DID'NT GET OUT OF THE COCKADOODIE CAR!" - Annie Wilkes [/FONT]

CL? Cliegg Lars? Carded Legacy? I'm going to have to show my ignorance on this one.

I just think that, barring the original release being really lousy or outdated (like Dr Evazan or Barriss Offee), I'd much rather see totally new characters. I can see the logic in re-making core characters, even if I don't always agree with the decision. I was using Typho as an example: the 2002 figure isn't the best in the world, but it's perfectly adequate given his relatively minor role. It looks like him, it has a decent amount of articulation, and it isn't hampered by an action feature. For another AOTC figure in the wave, I would've much preferred someone unproduced (Cliegg being my personal choice), or a more necessary resculpt (peasant disguise Anakin would definitely be up there).
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I'm not going to go and say there are any characters I don't want to see made, because its nice that everyone gets a little of the things that they like the most. I'm not as interested in the EU, so I don't really collect them much beyond the alien characters.

I understand the need for core characters and the assorted clones and army builders to be on the pegs at all times because otherwise the line wouldn't sell to its core demographic: the kids. But obviously I love the aliens and various backgrounders from the films the most, so I'll root for them to be made over a new Vader, Yoda, Obi-Wan, Ahsoka or Dooku.

Personally, even though they're not all at the top of my wishlist it would be nice to see Hasbro do Jaxxon, Jocasta, Ben Quadinaros, Ackmena, Amaiza (or any of the other characters that initially get a weak response from Hasbro) eventually. Honestly I would buy everyone on this list especially Ben and Ackmena, and I plan on buying Willrow when he becomes available. Kudos to those who really wanted him made!

As for my personal wishes, I'm just glad that several of my most wanted figures have gotten decently enthusiastic responses from Hasbro (Cane Adiss, the Mon Calamari Dancer, Rogwa Wodrata) and then again sometimes I'm disappointed too by their responses regarding others (Kal'Falnl C'ndros, Loje Nella, the Revwien, Ket Maliss).

I think most fans will have some satisfaction with what Hasbro gives us every year. Hell, I'm still in awe of the Leesub figure we're getting I just can't believe it. I still think it's just a big dream and she's not actually getting made. Not until the line is on it's last desperate death twitch, and certainly not before Bom, Ponda, or Evazan.
    Most wanted "bottom-of-the-barrel scrapes": ANH: Kal'Falnl C'ndros, Revwien (concept art), Tzizvvt ESB: Wiorkettle, Treva Horme ROTJ: Cane Adiss, Loje Nella TPM: Edcel Bar Gane AOTC: Rogwa Wodrata ROTS: Mon Calamari Dancer, Veedaaz Awmetth, Eeusu Estornii EU: Guri (red outfit), Ket Maliss

I don't care to see EU figures made

I don't have an interest in seeing Clone Wars figures made

I don't like too many of a bad thing: Darth Mauls; carpy Lukes, Leias and Solos; and Vaders.

I don't want to see Jocasta become a Fan Figure....but I don't have a problem with her being made into a carded figure.

I don't want to see any Wookies from the Christmas Special made! Definitely DO NOT. Nor more younglings...
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    I was using Typho as an example: the 2002 figure isn't the best in the world, but it's perfectly adequate given his relatively minor role. It looks like him, it has a decent amount of articulation, and it isn't hampered by an action feature. For another AOTC figure in the wave, I would've much preferred someone unproduced (Cliegg being my personal choice), or a more necessary resculpt (peasant disguise Anakin would definitely be up there).
    I guess I was one of the people who wanted the new Typho, since it's of his second outfit, which he wears a lot more than the pilot one. He definitely wasn't at the top of my list but it's a good figure and it's nice to cross off another item from the wishlists (although, like you said, others do rank higher). I'm thinking they didn't make Cliegg this time around since they were already doing Owen and Beru and didn't want to overdose on the Lars clan. But I have no idea.

The only figure I can honestly say I never want to see made is Willrow Hood; but that ship has sailed.

Other than that, I just don't buy what I don't like. Currently, my primary focus is ROTJ figures, with an emphasis on background aliens. I can probably come up with 10-20 ANH figures that I would still want to see made (mostly Cantina Aliens), but I would be hard-pressed to come up with even 5 ESB figures that I would actually buy. As for Prequels, EU and Clone Wars, I'm only interested in figures based on alien races from ROTJ (Klatooinian, Nikto, Mon Calamari, etc.) or Wookiees; but even then I pass on 90% of what I see (I didn't buy either of the comic packs with the Amanin, or Mon Calamari and Quarren Pilots, but I did buy Tarados Gon).

So, as long as we get 3 or 4 new Skiff/Barge Guards and/or Jabba's Thugs per year, then I don't care what else is being produced.