Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Avatar

"Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

:drools: looks pretty sick!!
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

[FONT=Courier New]It looks pretty exciting and hopefully the toy line from Mattel will be well thought out and interesting, too.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

Pretty underwhelming from all the hype.
    The blue creatures look terrible. Poor design and terrible CG-looking animation (like something out of a video game).
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Looks good to me...I like the blue creatures...
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.

It looks interesting. I might have to check it out, but I won't be rushing to the theatres opening weekend.

But my first initial reaction was: Cameron spent 10 years working on this? Eh.

I have to admit, it did have the feel of a video game cut scene rather than a movie, and felt a little "soft", but I'm not counting it out yet.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Awesome! I love those "this trailer don't tell you s*** about the movie" trailers!

So people are taking over a primitive world and somebody gets put into a poorly-CG'd blue alien body to spy on them, or something, and sympathizes with them. That's my best guess. Wasn't Asif Mandvi supposed to star in this, or is his role pretty minor?

Wrong Avatar, that's "The Last Airbender" he's in.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Ah, gotcha. Then I guess my being confused about M Night I'm-not-going-to-try-to-spell-his-name's involvement is also answered.