Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking Battle at Sarlacc's Pit Game by Parker Brothers

Does anyone have this?

Mine is in less than favorable condition but all the pieces are there. I rescued it from the chaos that is my mom's pack rat storage area.
    The box had been stored under other games so it was smashed in a tad. I got this for Chrstmas back in 1983 from one of my aunts that lives in California. I had never seen this in any store here in Iowa. It only sold for a few years and it is a Collector's item.

I used to play this ALL THE time with my mom and brother.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SarlaccGame.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	44.1 KB 
ID:	21223   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BatttleSarlacc2.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	18.4 KB 
ID:	21224  
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Oh wow, I had this when I was a kid, bought it on clearance from Pic-n-Save. I don't remember actually playing it, but I do remember sending figures to their death in the Sarlacc.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I think my friends and I used it as a Lego background, as the size was perfect for those figures. I really liked the artwork on the box, but like JT, never actually played the game.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Oh wow, I had this when I was a kid, bought it on clearance from Pic-n-Save. I don't remember actually playing it, but I do remember sending figures to their death in the Sarlacc.
    What year did you get it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    I think my friends and I used it as a Lego background, as the size was perfect for those figures. I really liked the artwork on the box, but like JT, never actually played the game.

Yea the artwork on the box is great, especially the artwork on the side of the underbox where you set up the game. Anyone have any idea who the artist might be? I'll have to check my box to see if there is an indication.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

I still have mine. It's in pretty good shape since I was a little older by the time ROTJ came out so my toys from that period on are still in nice condition. I always liked the game; it was like having a sarlacc pit playset.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Still got mine, and in pretty good condition. I remember using this for my figures as well, as it was the closest we'd ever get to the sarlaac until that ridiculously overpriced Target version last year.
    "I take orders from just one person - ME!"

I know I have the game somewhere, rarely played it, but it's Star Wars, so I've kept it for a long time.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Quote Originally Posted by scruffziller View Post
    Yea the artwork on the box is great, especially the artwork on the side of the underbox where you set up the game. Anyone have any idea who the artist might be? I'll have to check my box to see if there is an indication.
    I'm trying to find my SW Galaxy card set, since I think it's in that. Be right back...

... and, I found nothing. Must've gotten it confused with the vinyl cases' artwork card. Sorry. My brief online searches came up with "uncredited" or "unknown."
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

I still have this somewhere.

How could you guys NOT play the game?

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    I still have this somewhere.

How could you guys NOT play the game?
    I could only get my brother to play it. It was infrequent, but we did play it from time to time. That's why I don't usually buy or ask for games any more since most people don't want to play them.

Those movie trivia games like Scene It are neat but for any given movie or tv show there's probably only one trivia expert in the group who could handily beat everyone else. Many people may like the show but just didn't retain that much useless info about it. So it's not much fun when you can beat everyone easily or don't know enough to even compete.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)