Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

SSG's Final Results for Both Polls!

SSG created 2 different kinds of Fans Choice Polls, and now you can discuss the results of them here.

Style 1 results (3 rounds, with entries taken from the previous site polls):
    1. Cliegg Lars
    2. Dr. Evazan
    3. Bom Vimdin
    4. Jocasta Nu
    5. Sim Aloo
    6. Pellaeon
    7. Tey How
    8. Toryn Farr
    9. Anakin Solo
    10. Nom Anor (New Jedi Order)
    11. Queen Jamillia
    12. Ben Quadinaros
    13. Cane Adiss
    14. Guri
    15. Tzizvvt
    16. Queen Apailana
    17. Sgt. Doallyn
    18. Teek
    19. Kithaba
    20. Taym Dren-Garen
    21. Dormé
    22. Kitster
    23. Joruus C'baoth
    24. Mosep
    25. Lumat, vintage Ewok
    26. Wald
    27. Cordé
    28. Fozec
    29. Jess
    30. Weequay

Style 2 results (list all 30 of your figures in 1 post):
    1. Jocasta Nu
    2. Cliegg Lars
    3. Guri
    4. Tey How
    5. Bom Vimdin
    6. Ben Quadinaros
    7. Dr. Evazan
    8. Nom Anor
    9. Mosep Binneed
    10. Taym Dren-Garen
    11. Cane Adiss
    12. Queen Jamillia (AOTC)
    13. Reegesk
    14. Jaxxon
    15. Sgt. Doallyn
    16. Sim Aloo
    17. Anakin Solo
    18. Queen Apailana (ROTS)
    19. Tzizvvt
    20. Bastila Shan
    21. Kithaba
    22. Pellaeon
    23. Noghri
    24. Dash Rendar
    25. Leebo
    26. Weequay Skiff Master
    27. Darth Plagueis
    28. Mawhonic
    29. Barriss Offee
    30. Teek

And of those 2 lists, there are 20 figures common to both:

• Jocasta Nu
    • Cliegg Lars
    • Guri
    • Tey How
    • Bom Vimdin
    • Ben Quadinaros
    • Dr. Evazan
    • Nom Anor
    • Mosep Binneed
    • Taym Dren-Garen
    • Cane Adiss
    • Queen Jamillia (AOTC)
    • Sgt. Doallyn
    • Sim Aloo
    • Anakin Solo
    • Queen Apailana (ROTS)
    • Tzizvvt
    • Kithaba
    • Pellaeon
    • Teek

So, there you have it. The lists we'll be sending to Hasbro, and the commonalities between them. Discuss!

I think the message is fairly clear on Jocasta Nu and Cliegg Lars. I kinda wanted one and not so much the other, I'll let you guess which. Looking at the numbers, Jocasta Nu isn't wanted by as many people as Cliegg, but the people who want her feel more strongly about her. Very interesting. I wonder if the squeaky wheels will get the grease, or if their noise won't hold up when all is said and done because they'll only be able to vote for 1 figure towards the end.

Guri doesn't have as strong a voice, with one type of voting listing her highly while the other she came in towards the middle.

Tey How is a figure I used to want, but this far out from TPM it's surprising to see that much interest still.

I'm shocked how Bom Vimdin didn't win this poll, as he's already the winner of our last polls, I believe. But it could be the strong suggestion of him getting made that is what kept him from the top slot.

Ben Quadinaros, it smells like you're getting made no matter how much you suck.

I think generally this list is fairly solid, this is stuff we're always talking about lately. I am surprised however at how different this list is from a few years ago, not a main character to be seen this time around and that says something that I wonder if Hasbro will pick up on.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Will Hasbro use/allow both lists for their poll? I thought it was just 30 choices in ranked order.

It's a little complicated, but as far as I know, we will be able to use both results for this. I'll explain when we hear back from Hasbro, hopefully.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Style 1 results (3 rounds, with entries taken from the previous site polls):

+ I voted for (and will obviously buy)
    ^ I'll buy at least 1 of
    - (nothing) I won't be buying / might be disappointed in this character winning

+ 1. Cliegg Lars
    2. Dr. Evazan
    3. + Bom Vimdin
    4. + Jocasta Nu
    5. ^ Sim Aloo
    6. + Pellaeon
    7. + Tey How
    8. ^ Toryn Farr
    9. + Anakin Solo
    10. + Nom Anor (New Jedi Order)
    + 11. Queen Jamillia
    12. ^ Ben Quadinaros
    13. ^ Cane Adiss
    14. + Guri
    15. ^ Tzizvvt
    16. ^ Queen Apailana
    17. ^ Sgt. Doallyn
    18. ^ Teek
    19. ^ Kithaba
    20. ^ Taym Dren-Garen
    ^ 21. Dormé
    22. ^ Kitster
    23. + Joruus C'baoth
    24. ^ Mosep
    25. ^ Lumat, vintage Ewok
    26. ^ Wald
    27. ^ Cordé
    28. ^ Fozec
    29. ^ Jess
    30. ^ Weequay

So from this first method, I'll get 29/30 figures and just don't need Dr. Evezan.

Style 2 results (list all 30 of your figures in 1 post):
    [B] + 1. Jocasta Nu
    2. + Cliegg Lars
    3. + Guri
    4. + Tey How
    5. + Bom Vimdin
    6. ^ Ben Quadinaros
    7. Dr. Evazan
    8. + Nom Anor
    9. ^ Mosep Binneed
    10. ^ Taym Dren-Garen
    11. ^ Cane Adiss
    12. + Queen Jamillia (AOTC)
    13. ^ Reegesk
    14. Jaxxon
    15. ^ Sgt. Doallyn
    16. ^ Sim Aloo
    17. + Anakin Solo
    18. ^ Queen Apailana (ROTS)
    19. ^ Tzizvvt
    20. Bastila Shan
    21. ^ Kithaba
    22. + Pellaeon
    23. + Noghri
    24. ^ Dash Rendar
    25. ^ Leebo
    26. ^ Weequay Skiff Master
    27. ^ Darth Plagueis
    28. ^ Mawhonic
    29. ^ Barriss Offee
    30. ^ Teek

In the 2nd method, 27 / 30 results matched my desires. I have no love or need for Bastilla Shan, Jaxxon, or another figure of Dr. Evezan.

Of the 20 that were selected for BOTH lists, all are completely fine by me and the majority of them are ones I wanted and voted for.

A lot of the characters I did not vote for here, I still did want: like Sim Aloo. He and others just were not a priority for me if I only had 30 choices. They'd all make my Top 100 list probably.

Well, whatever I think of the results, I must say a big thank you to MSP and JT for conducting and collating these polls, your efforts are much appreciated.

I know which Top 30 I prefer, and that's the one that doesn't have some cranky old moo at no.1. All power to GeonosisJedi for his tireless campaigning for her, but really, it amazes me that the majority are saying they want her more than any other character?! Maybe I am in the minority, but I just can't imagine watching the library scene in AOTC and thinking, wow, she's so awesome, I totally have to have an action figure of her!!!! But I guess the results don't lie......

Sure, I would've liked to see Bom Vimdin win, or even Cliegg (even though he only just made my top 20, he was a relatively important character, and I totally get his appeal) - unfortunately much of the pleas for JN were accompanied with "don't vote for Bom Vimdin, he's already confirmed (which he isn't) and is a waste of a vote", and this obviously had an effect. And I've seen this on other sites, not just here. Still, I'm not too worried, I'm sure Hasbro know we still want him, and he will be made, I just hope this doesn't cause him to be delayed.

From the first set of results, 9 were from my Top 30, with a couple of others very close:

1. Cliegg Lars
    2. Dr. Evazan
    3. Bom Vimdin
    5. Sim Aloo
    7. Tey How
    12. Ben Quadinaros
    18. Teek
    19. Kithaba
    26. Wald

And whilst 10 of mine made it in the second list, I still prefer the first one...

2. Cliegg Lars
    4. Tey How
    5. Bom Vimdin
    6. Ben Quadinaros
    7. Dr. Evazan
    13. Reegesk
    16. Sim Aloo
    21. Kithaba
    28. Mawhonic
    30. Teek

I'm actually quite surprised there are no Padme outfits in the final lists... though that doesn't disappoint me at all.

Also interesting is there is only one resculpt - Dr Evazan - every other choice would be for a brand new figure.
    Big thanks to DarkJedi5, TheRealDubya, obi-dad, morpheus282, Tycho and Kidhuman for great deals/trades.

For years, in my old polling, and Toy Fare's, Bom Vimdim has ranked. Hasbro did confirm him for 2011 or was it 2010, in one of the Q&A's.

Re-checking, I found that I voted for him anyway, (and Wooof), but I really think those are wasted votes in light of their confirmations.

Oh, I'm also not surprised like JediTricks, that there are no main characters on the lists. They will be made anyway. However, if we need suggestions:

Luke ESB - On Dagobah - wearing his Bespin outfit, the molded jacket sculpted unbuttoned and open, with his green muscle shirt underneathe

Luke NJO - older Luke, possibly head from Jedi Evolutions set with more gray hair, traditional ROTJ black Jedi outfit or similar

Han Solo - ROTJ - ultimate Han Solo in Carbonite - where you can completely in-case Han in carbonite, with extra hands to make him fit in "the pose," and interchange the cover for one with red applications to make Han "unfreeze."

Han Solo - NJO - older, possibly using a head similar to Indiana Jones KOTCS's, wearing all black, after Chewbacca's death

Leia - HTTE - pregnant, wearing black Jedi training spandex with tan vest over it, hair down but crowned with jewels in gold

Leia - BFC - As New Republic Chief of State - royal robes of high office, lightsaber

Chewie - SOTE - taller resculpt of Snoova Disguise, with removeable armor

Lando - SOTE - Stormtrooper Disguise

Lando - HTTE - Nkllon Mining Baron - brown and tan business suit, stylin'

Yoda - ESB (or any movie appearance, so include lightsaber) super-articulated with cloth cloak, just like 1980 vintage with better sculpt and paint aps.

Obi-Wan AOTC - with wet hair and changeable molded cloaks with the hood up and the hood down. SA for the fight with Jango

Padme Amidala - that nearly endless list of all her unproduced wardrobe changes from all 3 prequels. So we're taking 20 or more Padme figures. Probably another Evolutions set would be useful. The black post-Senate is the last one from TPM. The Yellow Waterfalls would be a bright color change from that (in the box presentation) AOTC, and from ROTS you could do her Silver Senate Outfit, from the Declaration of an Empire speech. It almost looks like she is wearing chest armor of some sort. The outfit's pretty cool actually.

JarJar - AOTC - Padme's apartment

Jar Jar - AOTC - Galactic Senate Representative Binks - resculpted non-preposed

Mace Windu - AOTC - Arena Battle on fire from Jango's flame-thrower (see Unleashed Mace)

Palpatine - ROTS - resculpt of the red outfit from the Chancellor's Office fight, SA

Palpatine - ROTS - Yoda Duel

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    For years, in my old polling, and Toy Fare's, Bom Vimdim has ranked. Hasbro did confirm him for 2011 or was it 2010, in one of the Q&A's.

Re-checking, I found that I voted for him anyway, (and Wooof), but I really think those are wasted votes in light of their confirmations.
    They said something along the lines of "we think we should get to him in 2010, if our schedule goes to plan", and recently hinted that either Bom or an updated Han Bespin would be out in 2010 or 2011... but both are too vague for me, and not set in stone confirmations.
    Big thanks to DarkJedi5, TheRealDubya, obi-dad, morpheus282, Tycho and Kidhuman for great deals/trades.

Well, I am thrilled to see that Jocasta Nu came out so high in our polling. Hopefully, the momentum will continue!

JOCASTA NU
    FANS CHOICE FIGURE

Glad to see Cane Adiss made both lists! And it looks like he's doing well in other sites polls as well...

Too bad the Mon Calamari dancer isn't getting many votes. She's one of the last unique aliens from ROTS to be made. She still doesn't seem to be that well known of a character yet because her closeup never made the final cut of the film and I think that's the main reason she's not getting many votes. Just my opinion.

Both list look pretty solid, and despite what Hasbro has said in the Q&A's I find it difficult to believe that they'll end the line without doing Jaxxon, Jocasta, Teek, or Ben Quadinaros. I'll bet they'll get to everyone on our lists in the next 5 or 6 years. Heck I'd bet they'll even do an Ackmena eventually, and that would be sweet!

It would've been nice if Jess made both lists, or at least placed higher in the one she made. Though I'm confident Hasbro has her on their radar!
    Most wanted "bottom-of-the-barrel scrapes": ANH: Kal'Falnl C'ndros, Revwien (concept art), Tzizvvt ESB: Wiorkettle, Treva Horme ROTJ: Cane Adiss, Loje Nella TPM: Edcel Bar Gane AOTC: Rogwa Wodrata ROTS: Mon Calamari Dancer, Veedaaz Awmetth, Eeusu Estornii EU: Guri (red outfit), Ket Maliss