Exclamation OK guys, this only took me 20 minutes -

to figure out HOW to enter a new post - My Mom's Hospice CNA is here to bathe, dress and feed her for the day (yes, she'll be joining him, most likely before the end of this year) and we were like 2 deer looking into headlights trying to locate the HOW TO.

Anyway - I had to share this with y'all, I'm so proud of [FONT=Calibri]Jéan's brother dealing with all he does and he's gotten himself a lovely lightsaber and uploaded a video to YouTube. Here's the link - it's really cool. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K7d8P867zo The sound is a bit delayed and more evident towards the end. BTW, I was finally able to get the back room cleared enough that I can look for things. I still need to send items to Takeshi and will be e-mailing him today.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri]Enjoy the day, y'all. I've got to start reading this site again. Y'all are always so interesting. Bobafrett, my e-mails have come back but I've shown you to the CNA and she thinks you're cute and LOVES your uniform![/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri]Enjoy the day, y'all.[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by vulcantouch-mom View Post
    to figure out HOW to enter a new post - My Mom's Hospice CNA is here to bathe, dress and feed her for the day (yes, she'll be joining him, most likely before the end of this year) and we were like 2 deer looking into headlights trying to locate the HOW TO.

Anyway - I had to share this with y'all, I'm so proud of [FONT=Calibri]Jéan's brother dealing with all he does and he's gotten himself a lovely lightsaber and uploaded a video to YouTube. Here's the link - it's really cool. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K7d8P867zo The sound is a bit delayed and more evident towards the end. BTW, I was finally able to get the back room cleared enough that I can look for things. I still need to send items to Takeshi and will be e-mailing him today.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri]Enjoy the day, y'all. I've got to start reading this site again. Y'all are always so interesting. Bobafrett, my e-mails have come back but I've shown you to the CNA and she thinks you're cute and LOVES your uniform![/FONT]
    Sorry to hear about your mother, I know it's something that no one is ever really prepared to deal with, no matter how late in life they may be. I've lost both my mom, and my step mom of 31 years, neitrher one was easy, but I do have fond memories with both of them.

I don't know why my e-mails would be coming back, are you sending them to bobafrett_60126@yahoo.com? I used to get e-mails from you, perhaps a glitch of some sort? I still have some of your son's PM's saved, from when we were in contact about the Riddel helmets the I eventually aquired via yourself. I will always remember how I got the two helmets.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Smile Welllllllllll, that explains a lot -

I used tk523@midwestgarrison.com . Sorry 'bout that. I'm also sorry to hear of your Mother's and Stepmother's passings. Were they recent? Yes, no matter how much you prepare, it's never really enough.

I'd told Mom's CNA about the Stormtroopers in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade - that was SOOOOOOO CL!

BTW, Ken's son, Lance (Number 1 Son) LOVES watching the animated Star Wars series. They've both enjoyed the games w/the small figures (I forget which system they have at home).

I hope your Summer has been wonderful!

Yeah, the one you have listed in your reply won't work, because I can't figure out how to get it, or be able to check it at the yahoo e-mail address.

My mom passed in May of 2005, my step mom in November of 2008. My mom was only 59, my step mom was just 60.

Just drop me a line at the yahoo addy!

Hi Carolyn, sorry to hear about your mom's health. I know how important she has been to you and your family, especially after Jean's passing. If you ever need help with anything like the forums, please feel free to email me directly, let me know if you need my personal email address again.

That is a very cool lightsaber he has, it's a custom one no less, I'm guessing Jeff Parks of Parksabers.com based on the hilt and rivets (I have one of his very earliest ones from 1998). Very bright blade in that webcam, quite exciting. I've always theorized I'd end up doing a video with 1 of mine, but it'd be more hilarious than cool watching me knock down thousands of dollars of collectibles as I flail to find 3 feet of free space in my apartment.

BTW, Ken's son, Lance (Number 1 Son) LOVES watching the animated Star Wars series. They've both enjoyed the games w/the small figures (I forget which system they have at home).
    That's awesome!

Just so you know, I moved this thread from the Announcements forum to the General Discussion forum. Announcements is supposed to be locked out from new threads, I guess that got reset by accident. Don't worry about it.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Wink Tis lovely to be wise :)

Thank you SO much, JT, for having moved my post to the correct forum. Ignorance may be bliss, but it'll sure get you to the wrong place, sometimes, eh? Thank you for the kind thoughts regarding my Mother. Unless it becomes absolutely necessary, I'll be caring for her here at home, as has long been her wish.

I have no idea who did Ken's lightsaber, except that the guy's in Japan and he paid a bundle for it. I've still got all of J[FONT=Times New Roman]é[/FONT]an's collection, save a few small items given to very young family member fans, and a copper-colored collection of ships allowed my 'pretty' cousin's grandson at her now-deceased Mother's request 2 years ago. She was my favorite aunt. I'll be getting a collection set to her for her 2nd grandson when I can get back there again. Most likely, I'll be digging around in the next few months before Christmas. I call Christine my 'pretty' cousin, as she resembles the actress who portrayed the lovely single mother in "Tortilla Soup" who marries the lead character - http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005186/ My Aunt Marie was Mom's younger sister by 12 years. We lost her this time last year. But I digress. If anyone's interested, I'll ask Ken to post info on his lightsaber. I'm really anxious to see it in person.

I hope y'all enjoy the week. I keep hoping for rain that the faux rainclouds seem to be withholding. Hmmmmmmm. Winter's coming, J[FONT=Times New Roman]é[/FONT]an's season for watching the Star Wars movies and listening to jazz. I'm there!!!!!!

Later, Dudes!

Exclamation makototsai

This is the guy in Taiwan who made Ken's lightsaber - he's got videos on You Tube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp7T1uA0Wb8&NR=1 - geez, now I REALLY want to see Ken's new 'toy'.

Mom's happy as a clam, well tended and resting well with vitals back up to wonderful in Arvada Health Center for 5 days. She woke up this morning, here, talking a blue streak. I'm told her mother did the same thing even as she was declining nearly 20 years ago, but Mom's doing very well. Hmmmmmm, maybe she really just wanted a vacation? I don't think so, but am very happy about her condition. She's in a nice private room w/2 windows (on a SE Corner) with a tv, mini boombox set to classic music, a variating air-pressure mattress pad, telephone and LOTS of people to look after her. It's a small place and very nice and clean. Shirley and I will be going to see her again tomorrow. For now, I'm going to watch an old movie.

BTW, I'm still in awe of the collaboration between Bobafrett and Tycho and REALLY amazed at how it's made such an impact on Tycho's quality of life, having read the earlier posts from last Fall. KUDOS, Bobafrett. I'm proud to call you a friend and SO thankful your spirit of goodness is in this world. You're a true friend and hero.

Awwww, shucks *blushes*

Thumbs up Well hey! Guys like you -

don't come along every day, ya know? Have a terrific Labor Day Weekend. I'm headed for the center later this morning. Gotta provide "Lips" (the dog) w/a new set of newspapers in the laundry room.

Smile Ken did 2 more lightsaber videos--sounds R good

But he looks so serious! He's not a smiley face much - but they're kinda cool to watch.

Mom's doing well in the nursing home (short visit) and I'm torn as to whether to bring her back here (need lifting help daily that's not possible) and only other option is another place that's very nice, I'm told. We shall see.