Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Would You Buy Count Dooku's Solar Sailor Vehicle?

I'm going to start a new thread series.

This will discuss ONLY the vehicle in the title of the thread (in this case Dooku's Solar Sailor from AOTC and The Clone Wars).

I will cover several unmade vehicles for the action figures per week, choosing them from a rotating schedule through the movies and the Expanded Universe (I guess - we'll see how that goes).

I'll order it TPM, AOTC, ROTS, ANH, ESB, ROTJ, EU, and then keep going back through the order in that manner.

So here I'm only asking you if you'd buy Count Dooku's Solar Sailor vehicle from Attack of the Clones.

I envision this vehicle for the $30 price range most likely. I think it will start out as a larger version of a ship simiarly shaped like the Geonosian Fighter vehicle, but have spring open struts in the front from which will hang a cloth "solar sail." This feature might have to come assembled but stored inside the vehicle, as it is packaged.

Hidden missile launchers might be required to make this Sith Lord's ship more fun for the kids.

Dooku's Pilot Droid might also be in the box as a pack-in as it's probably a cheap, limited articulation, prop figure, and General Grievous could be packed-in with the Hailfire for the $20 range, so I don't see a problem here, as the Solar Sailor would be pretty basic overall. It's "weakness" to Hasbro would be its requiring new tooling, but maybe no extensive parts.

The back hatch might open like in the movie to reveal a storage or "prisoner area," but to put Dooku and the droid in the cockpit, you'd have to just swing the cockpit bubble up in the front.

Do you want it made? How about for a $20 price range and slightly less accurate and smaller?

What other features would you want on it?

Why would you NOT want it?

How do you think it would sell if produced?

Does the ship being a Clone Wars tie-in do any good for sales here?

No, I would not buy it; but that's going to be my answer for every prequel vehicle.

Even if I was still buying Prequel vehicles, I would probably still pass on this one, since I was never a big fan of it's design.

I don't know how they would go about doing the sails, since having them actually be retractable would be pretty expensive to engineer. Most likely it would just have removable "fully deployed" sails.

Yes. I am very selective about vehicles these days, but I will usually buy the Seperatist stuff.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype]"There was Rocketman, trying to get out, and here comes the cliff, and just before the car went off the cliff, he jumped free! And all the kids cheered! But I didn't cheer. I stood right up and started shouting. This isn't what happened last week! Have you all got amnesia? They just cheated us! This isn't fair! HE DID'NT GET OUT OF THE COCKADOODIE CAR!" - Annie Wilkes [/FONT]

I would buy it. It wouldn't be my top pick, but it is in the Clone Wars so who knows they might make it. I agree though, anything beyond the $20 price range would be risky business.
    Just wondering too how they would do those sails?
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

Like bigbarada, I'm not a fan of the prequel stuff. So I definitely wouldn't buy this.

Yeah, I'd get it, but I'd get anything. Being a movie vehicle means it's pretty important to me. I wouldn't hate them if they scaled it waaaay down. I'm thinking they'd make it around the same size as the Geonosian Fighter, which it's not; note how Dooku and FA-4 have plenty of room in there (that's obviously the cartoon, but I'm assuming they used the same scale - looks like they reused FA-4 from AOTC). Since the ship is so huge, I really doubt the wings would be to scale, since they're crazy huge - I could see maybe two feet for the wider side, but who knows. Since the Sith Infiltrator was such a huge amount of shrinking, I don't doubt they'd do the same for Dooku. I'd almost expect it to be in the normal starfighter assortment.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    General Grievous could be packed-in with the Hailfire for the $20 range
    The only time Grievous has been packed with the Hailfire Droid is in the $40 TRU set.

I don't imagine I would get it. Count Dooku, for me, is just someone to fight Yoda, Obi-Wan, and Anakin, so I really don't have any reason to have a vehicle for him. Displaying him being chauffeured across the galaxy just isn't on my list of things to do with the figure.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

No, I won't buy old man Dook's sailor. Pass.
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.

I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Count Dooku is my favorite character from the entire saga, and I'd love to see his ship get made.

It would be great to see it come with his pilot droid. It would make an awesome vehicle, and definately would be a great addition to my CIS fleet.

Hasbro should indeed make the Solar Sailor.

JOCASTA NU
    FANS CHOICE FIGURE

No way. I always thought that ship was really goofy. It was like the sails were jelly or something until they fully formed.