Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Wave 8 - The Phantom Menace

I wanted to get this thread started. I am looking forward to this wave, hoping it will be the first of many in the coming months. The shelves in my area CONTINUE to be either barren or filled with Clone Wars crap. Fortunately. the new packaging has shown up. Hopefully, the new Legacy waves will not be far behind.

Also looking forward to the Corporate Alliance Tank Droid!
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype]"There was Rocketman, trying to get out, and here comes the cliff, and just before the car went off the cliff, he jumped free! And all the kids cheered! But I didn't cheer. I stood right up and started shouting. This isn't what happened last week! Have you all got amnesia? They just cheated us! This isn't fair! HE DID'NT GET OUT OF THE COCKADOODIE CAR!" - Annie Wilkes [/FONT]

Me too!
    Looking forward to Sidious on Mechno Chair, as he's a Micro Series crossover figure also.
    You might be able to put Nute on that walking chair huh? Bet you already thought of that.

No official high rez pics yet huh? Probably soon.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th View Post
    Me too!
    Looking forward to Sidious on Mechno Chair, as he's a Micro Series crossover figure also.
    You might be able to put Nute on that walking chair huh? Bet you already thought of that.

No official high rez pics yet huh? Probably soon.
    They had hi-rez pics months ago. I'm not going to link to them since you should have been more diligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    They had hi-rez pics months ago. I'm not going to link to them since you should have been more diligent.
    Yeah Nute

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index....articleid=2152

Almost forgot about L8-L9. The only Micro Series figure this year, unless you count Sidious which I am, so that's two.

Thanks Hasbro for the meager crumbs.

I'll get Obi Wan, but what's the deal with his creepy padawan locks pouring out of his ear?

I wish this line offered variations on the Gungan just like they did with the Imperial officers or Hoth rebels...
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Qui-Long Gone View Post
    I'll get Obi Wan, but what's the deal with his creepy padawan locks pouring out of his ear?

I wish this line offered variations on the Gungan just like they did with the Imperial officers or Hoth rebels...
    I haven't watched TPM in a while but I don't remember much variation in the Gungan warriors. Did some have whiskers like Captain Tarpals or different armor?

On that note, I would like to see a superarticulated Jar Jar, Captain Tarpals and a new Boss Nass soon. Do you guys want to see them too?

I'm fairly sure all the Gungan warriors used the same model. There were fatter or shorter ones elsewhere, like at the sacred place, and some had tied back their ears, or whatever. I guess the only real variant you could do for the Gungan warrior would be to include different accessories, but pretty much all of the battle ones have been made by now.

I like the POTJ Boss Nass just fine; he doesn't need to be able to do all sorts of action poses. I can take or leave Tarpals, but I do want a new Jar Jar.

Worry not gentleman, I saw the pics some time ago, it seems.

The only one that excites me is Mecho-Chair Sidious, but he really does excite me! Of the seven or so figures that I am really looking forward to, I would say that Sidious is my #1 for the year.

Am I the only one that feels like something is really off with the Holdfast figure? Not what I remember seeing from the Phantom Menace. Maybe I need to pop the DVD in again?

I hope people will start posting when they see this wave in stores. I am going to hold off on trips to my local retailers until I do.

I heard about the big Clone Wars displays at Toys R Us, today. I called and it was confirmed to be at my local store. I was extremely excited, hoping tons of new stuff was in. I got there and it was JUNK! No 3 3/4 inch figures or regular vehicles. No new comic packs. Just lightsabers and other minor liscensed stuff that I have zero interest in. So if anyone else heard about these displays, I would call your Toys R Us before you waste precious time looking for stuff they don't have. That is for those of you who still do the retail hunt.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype]"There was Rocketman, trying to get out, and here comes the cliff, and just before the car went off the cliff, he jumped free! And all the kids cheered! But I didn't cheer. I stood right up and started shouting. This isn't what happened last week! Have you all got amnesia? They just cheated us! This isn't fair! HE DID'NT GET OUT OF THE COCKADOODIE CAR!" - Annie Wilkes [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by vger View Post
    Did some have whiskers like Captain Tarpals
    I believe the word needed here is barbels.

Tarpals barbels ?

That's a tongue twisthter.