Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Would You Buy An Updated Cruisemissle Trooper?

In line with Tycho's threads this one has been at the forefront of my mind for some time. With the utter success of the original cruisemissle trooper (can you say army builder?!?!?!) and it's outrageous demand on eBay would you like to say an updated one?

I envision this to be in the $30 price range if done nicely. Of course it would HAVE to come with an SA trooper. The first one had 1 point of articulation but with the way Hasbros been kicking ass and taking names on articulation I know for a fact that they can churn out at least 3-4 points and anything else is a bonus!

Obviously this would have spring loaded missles, secret compartments, and many more action features.

What other features would you want on it?

Why would you NOT want it?

How do you think it would sell if produced?
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Abso-freakin'-lutely. Aside from the shoddy execution, I always thought the design was awesome. Sort of the atmospheric version of a TIE Fighter (which, due to its engines, would be useless once it hits atmosphere).

Maybe if it came with a removable figure this time. My choice for not buying it back in the day (which subsequently ended my completism) was that the figure head was molded in.

does a crack***** jones for crack???? course i'd buy that sweet thing in a nanosecond

All kidding aside, I actually would buy an updated one. It's a cool design, a manned space torpedo, the guys who washed out of TIE Pilot school can still be useful. It's very low-profile and small so it can sneak into landing bays. It closes up for space flight, then slams into the hull of an enemy ship so the pilot can jump out and get a few shots in. And it has opening wings and variable-angle engines for advanced maneuvers. That thing is cool, it just had lame execution by not making the figure removable.

BTW, the figure had 4 points of articulation:
    neck
    shoulder x2
    spring-loaded waist
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Right now, I would say no. But if it was made really well, I might change my mind.

I still don't have the old one and I would rather have new vehicles or updates to ones from the films themselves.

But, if it would make Slicker really happy, then I'd buy it.

Well, seeing as support for this is quite overwhelming I'm going to email Hasbro right now and ask them about it.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Absolutely not. It was one of the dumbest things I'd ever seen come out of this line.