Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Action fleet figure stands

I have my (almost complete) loose action fleet collection displayed in my hallway. It looks great, I'm very happy, etc, etc.

However, there is one big problem with opening up all the boxes and battle packs and that's the figures. Whenever someone (usually me) walks by the slightest tremor can have devastating effects on my carefully placed figures. They topple over like crazy! It really isn't a problem with the figures in the ship-stands or the episode 1 guys (with the pegholes), but mainly with the guys that just have a tiny base (which sometimes even isn't at the correct 90 degree angle, making the fig even more topple sensitive), no peghole and no stand. Take battle pack 12 as an example. Sometimes my cantina looks more like a bowling alley!

So what's the answer? Anyone here encountered the same problem? I wonder if there are stands for the loose figs that give them a broader base (somewhat like the bases that they sell for the 3 3/4 scale figs) Or is there anyone that ever attempted to make something themselves. I even thought of some removable adhesive although I am pretty reluctant to try that out.

When I had my SW stuff displayed (all packed away now due to the Emperors New Move) I used a tiny pad of blue-tac underneath the base. One thing that really used to pee me off, was my Dune Sea scene because as soon as I got Luke, Han, B.fett et al standing on the skiff, Barada would fall over.

jeddah
    Last edited by jeddah; 02-25-2002 at 03:04 PM.

Yeah, that one gave me a couple of headaches too! There's one battle pack it made sense taking a figure out (or they could've made the skiff a bit bigger!)
    Anyway, is the blue tag easily removable without leaving a trace?

sure, blu tac is just a sort of putty that we use to stick posters up etc. Not sure what it is called in the states.... U-HU tack, perhaps?

jeddah

After 6 months, I gave up and put the figures away or housed them in their appropriate playsets. It became a battle I was no longer interested in fighting because I had all the AF figures on one shelf together, and when one would fall, he'd take out a few others and then I'd stand him back up and THAT would knock over more. So I finally threw in the towel.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

RobotFan has a system of super sculpey for the larger figures. You might be able to appy that to the smaller figures and create an entire scene using that as a base.
    0 /// /// F=MA~~~~~~~~~~~~
    [FONT=tahoma]I'm a SW Fan, Honk if you R2![/FONT]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    [FONT=fixedsys]GREAT TRADERS! [/FONT]
    [FONT=tahoma]Baal
    good shot jansen
    JediTricks
    shinakuma43
    SWAFMAN
    Thrawn
    vulcantouch-legendary bounty hunter!
    [/FONT]

R2 Up to her neck in sand on the beaches of Hawaii

Thanx for all the suggestions. I really like that SuperSculpy stuff and it sounds it would do a good job. As it is I went into the store today and bought something very similar to that blue tag stuff. I works great and seems to do the job nicely. Its white though, which looks much better than blue if a little bit shows. Finally the people in my Mos Espa Market (mostley Mos Eisley characters from the battle packs) shop standing up instead of crawling to their destinations (except for Greedo, as he's just been shot).

For my gold yoda pepsi can, I chewed up some wrigley's chewing gum (the kind that's white) until it was totally devoid of flavor and used that to keep it from falling off the shelf (I live in earthquake country, so it's a necessity). A little goes a long way and it's cheap!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Jeditricks said;
    For my gold yoda pepsi can, I chewed up some wrigley's chewing gum (the kind that's white) until it was totally devoid of flavor and used that to keep it from falling off the shelf (I live in earthquake country, so it's a necessity). A little goes a long way and it's cheap
    You're just pure class, aren't you.

jeddah

with a capitol K!

wrigley's?!!

and to insure the bugs from the neighborhood get a good lock on, i suppose you left some soda in the can for good measure

i dunno 'bout caleeforniay, but here in the swamp, you leave even the slightest amount of food hangin' round, your sure to attract lotsa bugs
    0 /// /// F=MA~~~~~~~~~~~~
    what's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding