Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: September Hauls

September Hauls

Clone Wars space suit Ahsoka, Denal and Cad Bane
    Guitar Hero 5 for xbox360

Guitar Hero 5 for Wii. Was going to wait for the price drop (inevitable giving the number of "____ Hero" games this year), but the free Van Hale game offer sucked me in. That, and the ability to form a band with Johnny Cash and Kurt Cobain.

You all must have slow calendars. We're two days into September already.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Walmart Star Wars Evolution Packs Clone Commandos and Rebel Pilots III
    GI Joe ROC Desert Ambush Scarlet x2
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

...er it's September 2nd.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

September Hauls

Fixed

1 Star Wars Evolutions Clone and Rebel Pilot set
    2x GI Joe ROC Desert Ambush Scarlet (armored).
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    UPS just dropped it off:

Canon PowerShot G10 digital camera (for my upcoming trip). I would have preferred the new G11, but it won't be out until this Fall. Now I've got to start saving for a DSLR. Nikon's D90 looks promising (we use Nikon D200s at work) but I've always favored Canon products. All my film equipment is Canon.

Woo! Hoo! I haven't had a new toy in a loooong time!
    You do realize you just spent as much as an entry-level DSLR for that G10, right? Look up the Samsung GX-1s, it's a nice DSLR and comes with a decent lens, uses Pentax lenses, standard AA batteries, and shoots on SD cards for well under $400. Still, if I was given the choice between a Canon 30d or a Samsung GX-1s, I'd go with the Canon... although I'm starting to see a lot of little reasons to consider Nikon.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    You do realize you just spent as much as an entry-level DSLR for that G10, right?
    Yep. Sure did!

I wanted a point-and-shoot on steroids and that's the G-10. Built on a magnesium frame, it's built like a tank. Awesome features and flexibility and best of all, it's not totally menu-driven. It's got cool things called dials and knobs on the top of the camera (like in the olden days) that allow me to make adjustments much, much faster that having to fool around searching through a danged menu! It also has a crazy thingie called a hot shoe where I can attach a modestly-priced flash (Canon's 220EX looks good) to improve over the meager built-in.

I could have picked up a (probably soon to be discontinued) Nikon D40 DSLR two-lens kit for about the same price as the G10. However, my whole plan is to have a good backup camera that won't let me down. (You get what you pay for). Also, I put my faith in camera companies, and not electronics firms who are just trying the photo field. I've had Canon products (both film and digital) through most of 30 years and like the product. I've also been using Nikon products at work for almost 20 years and like their products as well (we currently use Nikon's D200 soon-to-be-a-dinosaur). Their lenses (Canon and Nikon) are hard to beat....and the lens is the heart of the camera.

The DSLR will come later. There's some changes in the wind and I'll bide by time (and save) to see what comes. In the meantime, my little G10 will do fine! *waves hand*
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

[FONT=Courier New]- Found a 4th Geonosis Assault battle pack. 2 Gunships are now complete. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

Got the Red 2 x-wing. After this, I'm pretty much done for the month unless the slave Leia wave, new comic packs, or Wal-Mart AT-ST decide to start drifting my way.