Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CV in 2010

CV in 2010

Wow, here it is Sept., and no announcement yet...what gives???
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

They can't find a venue big enough for Steve Sansweet's ego.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Classic Volkswagon?
    Connecticut Veterans?
    Common Verb?
    Cruel Villains?
    California Vulture?
    Choked Voice?
    Can't Vote?
    Clouded Vision?
    Controlled Volume?
    Cars/Vehicles?
    Conceited Vanity?
    Chopped Vines?
    Cooked Venison?

I just don't know what "CV" is...
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Ciriculum Vitae. It's a really fancy resume for academics where you describe all your achievements, goals and what a monkey would do in Sansweet's house.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

Some guy got some tidbits recently:
    Here are the main highlights from the conversation:

1. Celebration V will take place next summer (2010) to commemorate the 30th anniversary of The Empire Strikes Back.

2. No Place or time has been set, though there are two things Sansweet said this weekend to remember:

A) They've inked deals like this as late as 6 months out, and:
    B) It will be on the "right half of the country" (which, according to Sansweet, means that it will be somewhere between Chicago and the Atlantic.)
    So damn, not Denver. Hopefully it will be someplace cool.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

They should do it in Chicago...they fly Sansweet out there every year anyway.

Chux, why are you hatin' on Sweetness? He's always been cordial to me.

He killed my dad.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I'm hoping for Philadelphia, Baltimore, or D.C. so I can drive there. Actually, I don't think it's safe to park in Philly so lets leave that one out.

My guess is they're still trying for Indianapolis. It's going to need a large convention center arena, airport, and plenty of hotel space. It limits the locations pretty fast in the Eastern Time Zone.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

Yeah because we don't have any major airports in the Baltimore/Washington area (except BWI, Dulles, and Reagan National); New York only has 2; Atlanta is just one of the biggest hubs in the country. There are only 2 that serve Boston, etc. Convention space is also really hard to come by on the coast as well. There's probably no more than a few hundred thousand square feet of convention space in any of these cities. It's amazing we get anything done here at all as backwards as we are compared to a great metropolis like Indianapolis.