Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Talking '09 NCAA Fooooootball

One major upset, due to a pretty important shoulder (that isn't OK in that state), but most teams that "should" have won, did.

Ohio State two-point-conversion-turnovers its way to a home win, in a nice tune up for USC next week. Pitt beats YSU in Da 'Boigh, but the Penguins do score a FG against them. Hooray!

And the good games can hopefully deflect commentary about punch-swingin' Ducks. Here's to a great year!
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

2 blocked field goals, 7 seconds...and demonstration of adaptive learning (2nd block, fall on the ball). Way to go Hawkeyes.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

Michigan is undefeated!!! Look out Florida here we come!!!
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    Michigan is undefeated!!! Look out Florida here we come!!!
    You gotta make it past Floyd, Tate, and Clausen first next week!!!! GO IRISH!!!!
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

I'm not complaining, but I actually expected OSU to fall a little farther than 7 or 8 after squeaking one out vs. Navy. Big showdown in the home-and-home rematch vs. USC this weekend. And Pitt gets Buffalo.

Conversely, I didn't expect BYU to rocket into the top 10 in the AP poll.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

There's no such thing as a moral victory when you have the game and "conserve" it away. The Buckeyes need an offensive coordinator that has the guts to go for it from the 1. The coaching staff deserved this "L".
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Maybe since they had to walk the WHOLE LENGTH OF THE FIELD since it was to be the first play of the next quarter, that's why they went for the FG. Sigh... and the weekend was going so well: Pitt had won handily, YSU took out Austin Peay, and even some upper and lower ranked teams lost to help other move up. But that last long drive by USC was nice, I have to admit. OSU just couldn't sustain drives or avoid mental mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Maybe since they had to walk the WHOLE LENGTH OF THE FIELD since it was to be the first play of the next quarter, that's why they went for the FG. Sigh... and the weekend was going so well: Pitt had won handily, YSU took out Austin Peay, and even some upper and lower ranked teams lost to help other move up. But that last long drive by USC was nice, I have to admit. OSU just couldn't sustain drives or avoid mental mistakes.

I kept on saying, "I've seen this movie before. I know how it ends."

Sure enough, same ending as Texas last year, Penn State last year, and Texas in the Horseshoe a couple of years ago.

That last drive was nice, but how they let them out of a 2-19 from the 5 I'll never know.

In a span of two hours, the Tigers (my MLB team) blew a 3 run lead, Bowling Green (local college team) blew a 20-3 lead against the 25th rank team, and OSU (my college team) lost in the last minute. Then today, my NFL team, the Broncos, blew a 6-0 lead in the final minute. Somebody out there must have felt bad for me for that tip pass to fall in Stokley's hands.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Damn it.....that was a heart-breaking Irish loss
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!