Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Exclamation 2 Disc E.T. does have the 1982 Version!!

Universal refused to send out screener copies, but some people are starting to recieve their 2-disc set orders. It does contain the original 1982 theatrical edition, that was originally only supposed to be in the 3-disc Ultimate Gift Set.

So now the big question is, what is the 3rd disc in the Gift Set? Is it the Music CD that was listed as coming with the set, or is it a 3rd disc of extras? If it's just the music CD they can shove the Gift Set and I'll take the regular edition for 40 bucks cheaper.

Here's a couple images that prove that the 1982 edition is in the 2-disc set. You can see many more at the following addy.

http://www.grovestreet.com/jsp/picv...umbs&sort=title

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	disc 2.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	38.7 KB 
ID:	4215  
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Here's a close-up of the insert from the DVD, that states that the 1982 Theatrical Edition is disc 2. I'm keeping my eyes peeled for news about the Gift Set. But it's not worth $60.00 compared to $20.00 for a music CD, script, and senitype.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dvd insert.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	34.2 KB 
ID:	4216  

Thank God that Universal and Spielberg realized that nobody wanted the special edition. Now I guess I'll have to pick up E.T. I was going to pass on it before.

If only George Lucas would now catch the hint and release the ORIGINAL VERSION of the STAR WARS TRILOGY.
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

Originally posted by SithDroid
    If only George Lucas would now catch the hint and release the ORIGINAL VERSION of the STAR WARS TRILOGY.
    Agreed, but doubt it. I plan to pick this up on Thursday or Friday, and will watch the original first since it's been so long.

I can't wait to pick up the DVD. The 22nd is near!
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Maybe the third disc is the cut scenes and other stuff that otherwise has to be downloaded???
    Tommy, close your eyes.

From what I've been reading El Chuxter, this doesn't seem to be the case. The second disc in the 3-disc set is supposed to be the 1982 theatrical edition only. All the extras that on disc 2, are instead moved to disc three.

So, it seems that for the 2-disc set they just stuffed the extras onto disc 2 with the original version. Its very confusing right now, and Universal is being tight lipped on exactly what is up. DVDFile has both version in hand, and I hope they update today with what the deal is.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

No matter what's on the other disk it's good to know that we're getting the orginal version. Now I hope that directors have learned a lesson about changing a classic.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

I'm glad the theretrical version is on the 2-disk set, well I hope it is, it could all be a totaly confusing misunderstanding . To be honest I always thought it was, and didn't know about the 3-disk box set . Besides, I don't think we're getting the 3-disk set here in the UK . I can't wait for this DVD .

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

This week, K-Mart's got the 2-disc set advertised at $14.95! Which means Wal-Mart will probably go even cheaper!

JJB (or anyone else), the only difference DVD-wise between the sets that I can find is a 50-minute documentary. Is that right, or is there something else on the super-duper-loaded version?
    Tommy, close your eyes.