Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Angry E.T. 20th Anniversary release.

I saw the commercial for this. The one scene that I saw with E.T. walking to the edge of the hill looked STUPID!!!! The CG E.T. was horrible! Yeah... it LOOKED like him, but compared to the scenescape, he stuck out like his glowing finger! Bad, bad, evil, terrible. I'll have to see the whole thing with the reincorporated scenes. They don't look like they will really add a different aspect to the storyline. The effects on E.T.'s ship are pretty standard. They really could have just left those effects alone. Oh, well. Anyone else see this commercial?
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

The first thing that came to mind was 'cinema scenes from a video game'. If they would have captured ET's neutral, puppet-style personality with the CGI model, that's one thing, but they didn't. It's like having a movie with identical twins who have completely different acting styles. After a while, you wish one would just disappear so you can have some continuity.
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

I've only seen the preview, which looks really good to me, but from early reviews I hear they did an excellent job on the E.T. effects.

Who knows, perhaps we'll get a glimpse of E.T.'s homeworld with all the stupid smiley flowers and stuff (if anyone has been on the E.T. ride at Universal Studios, you know what I'm talking about).
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

Supposedly they're supposed to explain the appearance of the E.T.s in E1... I thought it was just a joke.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

When's this film out by the way?
    "Giggety giggety!"

Jek Porky 2008

When...?

It's going to the theatres here in the States on March 22, 2002.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I agree, the CGI E.T. looks cartoonish compared to the puppet original. I'm glad they are offering both versions on DVD this summer. The cartoony insert shots makes the gun removal objections almost look intelligent.

"Stupid Smiley Flowers from his homeworld" Ha Ha. SithDroid See my "Rollo's CA Adventure" thread for Universal Studio commentary.

Wellllll, what did everyone think? I saw it Tuesday and loved it. It's been so many years since I've seen it, so some of the changes I probably didn't catch. CGI E.T. wasn't too bad, I could tell when it was him but I wasn't bothered by it.

I completely forgot about Elliot's SW figs, that was a treat

It would have been cool to see Harrison Ford as the principal, but that scene didn't make it back in

Cops with guns/walkie talkies ? ? ? It's lame that they changed it but it didn't alter my love for this movie.

I was never a fan of E.T. originally, a little to cutesy family for me. I don't plan on seeing it again in theaters either. I remember seeing it as a child and still thinking that it was childish. Oh well, whatever floats your boat I guess.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."