Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Pictures of Jaina and Jacen Solo (and K'Kruhk) figures!

I can't believe no one's commented on these!

I've waited since the '90's for Jaina and Jacen figures. It will be awesome to finally be able to add them to my collection. I'll likely by 6 or more multiples of each of them.

Jacen looks to be dressed in his early Young Jedi Knights threads (similar to Luke Bespin's) but comes with the Yuuzhan Vong "Embrace of Pain" - I think that's what the twisted amphistaff is supposed to represent. Anyway, with that removed, I'm sure he can be YJK Jacen (perhaps older looking) and NJO Jacen.

Another good Jedi form for Jacen would be the black outfit. You can customize this with Jacen's head and the Luke Rebel Alliance Special Ops outfit from the Deena Shan comic 2-pack.

Sith Lord Darth Caedus would also be welcome for Jacen.

Jaina's outfit is rather too prequel-Jedi for me. I would have preferred her in the black or the Bespin-style jumpsuit myself. This could be done with the Leia Bespin-escape body But a tan repaint would be better, adding Jaina's toolbelt and a hook for her lightsaber. The Deena Shan body would work for her black outfit.

The female X-wing Pilot body is already in play out there multiple times. Making Jaina from Rogue Squadron would be easy.

I really want to see some carded generic Yuuzhan Vong (or a battlepack), Lowbacca, Tenel Ka (perhaps with removeable arm), Zekk, Danni Quee, Jagged Fel, a civilian-dressed Baron Soontir Fel, older Han Solo, older Princess Leia, a carded Luke Jedi Master, a Mara Skywalker Jedi Knight, Kyp Durron, a Jedi Corran Horn, some Yuuzhan Vong warmasters like Tsavong Lah and Special Agents like Nom Anor, Droma, Booster Terrek, the list goes on and on...

These would sell however. Many are OT-era Jedi Knights or otherwise antagonists.

I think they're very early NJO figures as you mention.

On your other wants, the comic pack Yuuzhan Vong is an epic failure on Dark Horses part (Hasbro basing it off DH art). They some how took words like cadaverous, lithe, wiry, lean, and created that monster. They also got the armor and skin colors not quite right (pale blue, with purple eye sacs, sloping foreheads with stringy black hair). It's one thing to just make a bad scuplt, it's another thing to make a bad sculpt because some one failed to read and understand the source material. Change the Vong, and maybe I would trust them on this.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

I'm looking forward to K'Kruhk mostly. He lived through everything, and was in the Micro Series too.

I think they should include his hat as an accessory.

The Heir to the Empire Space Trooper is cool also. My old one's starting to get sticky.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

Man, they make K'kruhk, and they totally screw it up. Why is he only about 3" tall? He should be massive!

I do sorta wish they'd stop "revisiting" older EU figures until they've gotten all the "heavy hitters" out of the way.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post

I do sorta wish they'd stop "revisiting" older EU figures until they've gotten all the "heavy hitters" out of the way.
    Who makes your list of Heavy Hitters, Chux?

Well, Jedi Knights Corran and Kyp would be near the very top of the list. There are too maby characters like that who've been prominent in EU for years and years, but have never been released as figures.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    I can't believe no one's commented on these!
    Probably because the pictures came out at Comic-Con.

Shaak Ti and K'Kruhk are the most interesting to me, since I actually know those characters. I mean, I know of the others, and I'll get them, but still. The BG-J38 build-a-droid is the most exciting part of the wave.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I'm with Tycho. Jacen and Jaina have been at the top of my list for years. While the sculpts don't overwhelm me, I am pumped that we finally get them.

Chux is right though. There are plently of EU figures that should have been made before them. The Zahn trilogy should have it's own wave for the importance it served for it's part in the resurrection of the Star Wars franchise. Thrawn and Jade have been made twice, but the last ones could have been released in a wave with Karrade, C'Baoth, Pellaeon, Rukh, Bel Iblis, and since Hasbro said you can't release a wave without "major" characters, Luuke Skywalker, Leia with baby Jacen, and Han with baby Jaina.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    Chux is right though. There are plently of EU figures that should have been made before them. The Zahn trilogy should have it's own wave for the importance it served for it's part in the resurrection of the Star Wars franchise. Thrawn and Jade have been made twice, but the last ones could have been released in a wave with Karrade, C'Baoth, Pellaeon, Rukh, Bel Iblis, and since Hasbro said you can't release a wave without "major" characters, Luuke Skywalker, Leia with baby Jacen, and Han with baby Jaina.
    Fine, but they can't use DH as the source art anymore. They just screw up to much in this one and outside of LFL coming down from the top on Shadows of the Empire and The Force Unleased the reason why there hasn't been any other novels adapted because of how angry the author got with how the characters were drawn.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

Quote Originally Posted by pbarnard View Post
    Fine, but they can't use DH as the source art anymore. They just screw up to much in this one and outside of LFL coming down from the top on Shadows of the Empire and The Force Unleased the reason why there hasn't been any other novels adapted because of how angry the author got with how the characters were drawn.
    I'm not a big fan of the comic packs so you won't get an argument out of me for not using DH. It would be nice if they could use the Character books for some of these. Or in Zahns case, the characters on the cover.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-