Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Would You Buy Cade Skywalker's Mynock Vehicle?

I'm going to start a new thread series.

This will discuss ONLY the vehicle in the title of the thread (in this case Cade Skywalker's Mynock from Dark Horse Comics' "Legacy" title.

I will cover several unmade vehicles for the action figures per week, choosing them from a rotating schedule through the movies and the Expanded Universe (I guess - we'll see how that goes).

I'll order it TPM, AOTC, ROTS, ANH, ESB, ROTJ, EU, and then keep going back through the order in that manner.

So here I'm only asking you if you'd buy Cade Skywalker's Mynock Star Wars "Legacy" comics. (picture below).

I envision this vehicle for the $20 price range. It should hold Cade, Jeremiah Syn and Delilah Blue, and maybe have room for a passenger like R2-D2.

Maybe it will fire two missiles and have extending laser cannons like Darth Vader's TIE Fighter (POTF2 era). A pop-out turbolaser battery would be cool as well - possibly firing two more missiles.

Hasbro might "upgrade" by using some of the molding to the Imperial Shuttle Tyderium for the base for this ship. I don't know if that will cause them to price it higher or not.

Do you want it made? How about for a $30 price range and slightly more accurate and larger?

What other features would you want on it?

Why would you NOT want it?

How do you think it would sell if produced?

Legacy figures now include: Cade Skywalker, Delilah Blue (coming out soon), Darth Talon, Darth Krayyt, Azryn Rae (spelling), Antarres Draco, Ganner Krieg, K'Kruhk (single-carded, but qualifying), Yuuzhan Vong (useable), Stormtrooper, various non-character Imperial personnel, R2-D2 etc.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Spaceshipmynock.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	56.6 KB 
ID:	21462  

I haven't read any of the Legacy comics but that ship looks pretty cool. I'd definitely pick it up for around $20 as long as it could hold at least 3 figures.

Are you actually going to start this new series of threads, or keep saying you're going to start it when you're something like 10 threads into the series?

And, no, I would not buy this. I would spend an awful lot of money to lobby Congress to pass laws ensuring it is never made.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Do you want it made? How about for a $30 price range and slightly more accurate and larger?
    Nope, if I never see any more Legacy stuff made ever again it would be too soon.

What other features would you want on it?
    Self destruct mechanism?

Why would you NOT want it?
    Cause Legacy is terrible? I mean, I love the EU but I just can't get into this story line.

How do you think it would sell if produced?
    Probably not well. No one would recognize it.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Quote Originally Posted by vger View Post
    I haven't read any of the Legacy comics but that ship looks pretty cool. I'd definitely pick it up for around $20 as long as it could hold at least 3 figures.
    Same here on everything you said!

[FONT=Courier New]I would buy it, but only because I have moved on (for the most part) from figures to vehicles. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]There's still a few figures that I will get from time to time, but for the most part, I like the mid-size to larger vehicles.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]This is a pretty unique ship, so I would love to see it made. It would have to hold 3-5 figures and be in the mid size range at least.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

I hope they wouldn't make it. Legacy is really not my thing (for a variety of reasons) and I'd rather they focus on ships from the films and TV shows. I'd rather they keep the Legacy stuff to the comic packs line or a scant few other things (like the Joker Squad set).

Probably wouldn't buy it. It's a nice enough looking ship, but I can't see moving an x-wing or a walker to display it.

nope, i wouldn't buy it. ships that haven't appeared onscreen hold no interest for me.

you're dreaming if you think any newly molded ship that holds 3 figures + droid would fall into the $20 range. to be the size that would hold that number of figures you're looking ARC-170/Y-wing ranges for pricing.