Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Monty Python Figures

Ok, does anyone here own any of the Monty Python 12 inch figures from The Holy Grail movie? I love that movie and I was thinking about getting the figures. Basically I want to know if they are well articulated, do they come with a base or stand, and are they worth the money?
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

they are made by sideshow toy. if you are not familiar with this brand, they make "high end" 1/6 th scale figures for the collector market at a reasonable price($25-$30). they made the buffy the vampire figure and later this year will release figures based on the james bond movie series. i own a few of their "toys" and you can rest assured they are of high quality. the bodys are very articulated and the clothes are highly detailed. i saw the monty python line at suncoast movie store in the mall today. to my suprise they were being sold individually. i was of the impression they were going to be sold only as a set.

i don't know if they come with a stand, but if you are a fan of the film, you will be happy with these guys.

check out www.sideshowtoy.com for thier other stuff.

Yes, JangoFett, Derek is right about the quality of Sideshow toys. I own several from the 12" Universal Monsters line and am very impressed by the quality. I've just recieved the five "silly English Kn....iggits!" and they are quite nice! The Holy Grail figures are being sculpted by the enormously talented Oluf W. Hartvigson (no bogus lazer scanning here...just artistry). They can be purchased individually and mine came from Entertainment Earth for $119.99 for the set (I've seen sets go for $140.00 elsewhere).

They do not come with supports of any kind and I assume the articulation is as good as Sideshow's other figures (I assume because I don't have the will to release them from their cellulose prisons...)

Oh, BTW, this is my very first post at SSG! Nice place you've got here SirSteve....
    Last edited by wampabreath; 02-16-2002 at 07:39 PM.
    [color=purple][i][b]"Don't let's ask for the moon...we have the stars!" -Now Voyager[/b][/i][/color]

Thank you, Wampabreath and Derek. I appreciate you filling me in on this. I love that movie and I definately will pick up these figures. Just wanted to see what the verdict was on them before shelling out the cash.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Dang I realy need to pick these up now, aren't there 6 though? I can't remember the number of members in the Monty Python gang, I think EE listed a 6th figure... Anyway, these figures seem like must haves!

Collector 1: Look, Hasbro 12" figures.
    Collector 2: Hmm, but check out these Monty Python 12", very articulated...
    Collectior 2: Grab'em! Now-
    Together: Run away! Run away!
    Collector 1: Wait! Let me go back and face the peril!
    Collector 2: No it's too perilous.
    Last edited by LTBasker; 02-27-2002 at 04:07 AM.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Don't forget that coming soon is King Arthur's faithful servant Patsy from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. They are also going to do figures of The Black Knight, The Dead Collector and Tim the Enchanter. Here are some pictures.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Patsy (Febuary 2002):
    Terry Gilliam, as King Arthur's faithful servant Patsy from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. This 12" figure comes with over 20 points of articulation, coconuts, backpack, trumpet, crown and flag.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	patsy.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	9.5 KB 
ID:	813  
    Last edited by Beast; 02-27-2002 at 04:24 AM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

The Black Knight (June 2002):
    The Black Knight doesn't come with blood, didn't he bleed enough in the movie? This 12 inch highly articulated figure has detachable limbs and comes with a two-handed sword.

Name:	the black knight.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	18.1 KB 
ID:	814  
    Last edited by Beast; 02-27-2002 at 04:21 AM.

The Dead Collector (October 2002):
    This 12" figure is based on the charater of the Dead Collector from the Monty Python comedy 'The Holy Grail.' The Dead Collector is highly articulated and comes with an authentic replica of the costume, a wooden club and an iron triangle. The head is sculpted to feature the likeness of Eric Idle.

Name:	the dead collector.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	17.7 KB 
ID:	815  
    Last edited by Beast; 02-27-2002 at 04:22 AM.

Yea Patsy was the one I sawt. I want that black knight, that looks fun to play with!
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Tim the Enchanter (September 2002):
    Some call him....Tim. Tim the Enchanter is a 12 inch, highly articulated figure featuring the authentic likeness of John Cleese. The figure comes with a ragged, flowing robes and a wooden staff.

Name:	tim the enchanter.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	19.8 KB 
ID:	816  
    Last edited by Beast; 02-27-2002 at 04:23 AM.