Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I saw the pictures of Podracing, but since they have no actual new footage yet, I'm hoping that's just an example, not an actual choice.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The Disney blog updated with pictures of two new droids. The pilot Ace looks a bix like Rex, but with a strange humanoid body. It says he can't be more different from Rex. Aly San San, played (oddly enough) by Allison Janney, is a WA-4 spokesdroid. Ace looks kind of weird, but I like that they're keeping the garish 1980's blue-and-orange color scheme.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Well, the Rex droid who captains the ST-3000 would likely be confused with the Captain Rex clone. I wonder if the flight will be his first flight, too? :nevertellmetheodds:
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Ugh, I have a VERY bad feeling about this. They're both CGI just reeking of prequel awfulness. And the new captain's body is a really weird proportion.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    The Disney blog updated with pictures of two new droids. The pilot Ace looks a bix like Rex, but with a strange humanoid body. It says he can't be more different from Rex. Aly San San, played (oddly enough) by Allison Janney, is a WA-4 spokesdroid. Ace looks kind of weird, but I like that they're keeping the garish 1980's blue-and-orange color scheme.
    So I guess the waitress droid will be replacing the lady in the preshow video? That'll work pretty well.

Its pretty cool that they are still using the head and neck of the old Rex droid. The proportions ae a bit odd on him but maybe he'll be sitting in a cockpit the whole time and no one will notice?

I'm looking forward to the 3 3/4 scale Starspeeder toy that they are coming out with next year. Def got to get one of those, it can double as a carrying case for figures!

The original is not an "old" Rex Droid, in this case it's a "future" Rex Droid since Star Tours II takes place in the prequel era, everything old is new again. The ship is now a Starspeeder 1000 instead of 3000, and they podrace instead of doing something even remotely interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    The original is not an "old" Rex Droid, in this case it's a "future" Rex Droid since Star Tours II takes place in the prequel era, everything old is new again. The ship is now a Starspeeder 1000 instead of 3000, and they podrace instead of doing something even remotely interesting.
    The blog post seems to state that, while podracing was going to be the focus several years ago, they've moved away from it. I'm sure it'll still be in there, in at least one of the versions of the ride, but not the only thing.

Yes, even on the Disney message boards everyone for some reason keeps thinking that the entire ride will be pod racing. It won't. It will still be a tour of multiple Star Wars planets. In fact the ride is supposed to have multiple beginnnings, middles, and endings. Pod Racing will be one of many options.

They think that because Lucas and Disney have been using that imagery for so long, and the idea bothers them that it'll be in there at all because it was fairly forced in TPM to begin with.

This page says that there will be 54 different ride possibilities when it opens. The hell? I really wonder how they came up with that number, as I can't imagine them making 54 individual ride films. Maybe there are a few different openings and endings, or they might be including pre-show stuff as well. Who knows.