Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    Be sure to bring extra money as the two Star Tours figure sets - ...
    ... because they're all with non-repacked figures of excellent quality?

I want posters/postcards or shirts/hats or pins/buttons with Star Tours stuff/logos, more than figures/toys. Are there any of those such items there?
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    ... because they're all with non-repacked figures of excellent quality?

I want posters/postcards or shirts/hats or pins/buttons with Star Tours stuff/logos, more than figures/toys. Are there any of those such items there?
    I didn't notice any posters but plenty of all the other items you want.

As for the ride itself, it's simply awesome! In previous years, there were times I could have gotten onto Star Tours with a mere 5 minute wait. Well those days are long gone.

The Vader opening and the Geonosis/Death Star/Fett encounter are my favorite possible segments of the ride.

Awesome ride! I went with a friend who has an annual pass, which gives guests some cool perks. We went straight to ST upon entering (around 9:50am) to get a Fast Pass (to return between 6-7pm ?!? ), we were in line about 65-70 minutes. While leaving Space Mountain later in the day, we got a Ride Switch from an employee which gets you right to the front, not just into the Fast Pass entrance; right after that one, we went back to the FP line to ride for out third and last time of the day. We got three different planets to start (Hoth, Tatooine, Kashyyyk), and two of the three "second" planets (Coruscant twice, Geonosis). Some good look-in-the-background jokes. I didn't feel the 3-D made a big difference, but the quality of the screen is crisp and nice.

I used a Disney gift card from the 4-day Park Hopper pass I got to buy a cool ST shirt (4 planets in poster-like images), a ST pin (Vader, jet pack trooper), and a ST postcards pack. No posters anywhere. I look forward to being able to return soon.

I didn't notice any posters but plenty of all the other items you want.
    A check of online auctions shows that DW had four posters (similar to the t-shirt with Endor, Naboo, Hoth, and Bespin) given to the press, but I saw virtually no posters of any kind in DL.

Yeah, I forgot about that, but I was looking for posters to compliment the original Star Tours posters I had as a kid, and there were none! That's weird. What an odd thing to leave out. I would definitely have put one up if it was good, but nada. I wonder why that got left out.

I am hoping to go back later this week, I am definitely going back next week, but I want to get a few rides in this week first.

I definitely prefer the Stormtrooper opening, I think the Vader one is cheesy with too much "hey look main character!!!!121"
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'll be there for SW Day (Sun. 6/26), so I expect that the lines for ST should be much, much shorter then... you know, because the "newness" will have worn off...

There were some "posters" for planets (Bespin? Hoth? Naboo?) on the walls when you exit the ride, but they were maybe 6' long and 2' high (more of a horizontal banner in a frame); but not as artwork (a la McQuarrie), more of a screen shot from a film with a tagline like "Visit Regal Naboo" or something.

The Vader opening is way better, JT!

The only thing I've not experienced yet is Kashyyk. And I've not gotten the Leia holo transmission yet.

The only thing I've not experienced yet is Kashyyk. And I've not gotten the Leia holo transmission yet.
    Every hologram I got was Yoda, to the point that I thought that wasn't an option that'd change.

You're crazy, that Vader opening is so incredibly over the top cheesy, with the big main character pointlessly swinging you around on his goofy holo platform, and then you just back away shooting, what's that?

I guess I've gotten all your Kashyyyks then, all 3 visits so far have had "the Wookiee planet!" I got the Leia transmission last visit, and it's alright, I think it's actual footage from ANH digitally altered to match the new words. It's good.

Tomorrow, barring my cold getting any worse, I'll be riding Star Tours again with my mom for her birthday. Hopefully we can avoid any repeats. I'm still quite annoyed that they hustle us through the second room, there's plenty of dialogue from both the droids in there which I want to hear. They actually hold the first room's line back just to speed you through the second room, it's daft.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

[Tycho]I had a dream the other day that involved going to Star Tours, but the queue was styled like a suburban house and went up the stairs to an old-timey movie theater-type room. We had to wear 3-D glasses, but the screen played 50s-styled sci-fi cartoons. When I actually get to go to the real deal, I hope it's a little bit better. [/Tycho]

For those of you who have ridden it, though, how does the 3-D work with all the chair/ship movement? Is it jarring or headache-inducing at all, or pretty seamless? Also, have you noticed a difference in how the motion is used? Evidently, they were previously only utilizing 20% of the flight simulator's range of motion and have now greatly increased that, so I'm interested to know how this one compares.