Hybrid View

Star Tours II: 2011!

Finally, some confirmation! It will be in 3D, at both California and Florida, in 2011.

Re-Imagined "Star Tours" Coming to California and Florida in 2011 and Major Fantasyland Expansion at Walt Disney World Scheduled for 2013

ANAHEIM, Calif. (Sept. 12, 2009) /PRNewswire/ — Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Chairman Jay Rasulo detailed plans for future lands, attractions and adventures that will be delighting Disney guests for years to come, at the first D23 Expo. Most notable among the announcements were the confirmation of an all-new Star Tours attraction and the largest expansion in the history of the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World.

"Storytelling is the DNA of Disney dreams and we're always exploring new ways to tell new stories in new places," Rasulo told a crowd at the Anaheim Convention Center in California before taking them on a "behind-the-magic" tour of their favorite Disney destinations.

Rasulo announced that a new 3-D version of the tremendously-popular "Star Tours" attraction will debut at the Disneyland Resort and Disney's Hollywood Studios in 2011. Based on the iconic Lucasfilm "Star Wars" films, the attraction will include immersive new elements that will take guests to many familiar places in the Star Wars galaxy.
    There's a podracing clip on the page, perhaps confirming the old speculation that it would involve the podrace . . . but the "many familiar places" bit leads me to believe we'll see more as well. The CGI looks a little cheap so hopefully it will be better when it's final (I assume it will). I can't wait!
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Its been rumored that this new version will also feature 20 different beginnings, middles and endings to increase re-rideability. This will be pretty cool!

Now if they would only put in a Mos Eisley Cantina Restaurant next to it!

I'm thrilled, but hoping it has NOTHING to do with Podracing, that'd be such a cop-out, it'd look silly to have a Starspeeder 3000 next to a bunch of podracers. Still, I'll take whatever I can get, but I do hope they'll keep the original, I love that sucker, it just needs to be fixed up (the monitors aren't properly calibrated on the right, and the films are losing their picture quality).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I'm thrilled, but hoping it has NOTHING to do with Podracing, that'd be such a cop-out, it'd look silly to have a Starspeeder 3000 next to a bunch of podracers. Still, I'll take whatever I can get, but I do hope they'll keep the original, I love that sucker, it just needs to be fixed up (the monitors aren't properly calibrated on the right, and the films are losing their picture quality).
    Uhhh, I guess you didn't see the video then. Its a podracing segment. But as I said, if it really has 20 different versions of the beginning, middle and ending, I'm sure then that its going to be going to many different Star Wars worlds.

I only have two words: FINALLY! (hey, if they can go 20+ years without updating, I can stiff the readers a word)
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

I guess I need to get my butt back to Florida and see the original Star Tours before its too late!
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!