Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    This page says that there will be 54 different ride possibilities when it opens. The hell? I really wonder how they came up with that number, as I can't imagine them making 54 individual ride films. Maybe there are a few different openings and endings, or they might be including pre-show stuff as well. Who knows.
    Speculation is that there are different beginning, middle and endings and so I take that to mean 54 different combinations will be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    Speculation is that there are different beginning, middle and endings and so I take that to mean 54 different combinations will be possible.
    That would suggest something between 3 and 4 different beginnings, middles and endings. If it's broken down into 4 segments it would be something like 3 different beginnings, 3 different middle part A, 3 different middle part B, and 2 different endings (or some combination thereof). I like the idea myself. I always like to do Star Tours a few times but it loses its luster after the second ride cause there's nothing new to it. I am a little apprehensive about the 3D thing though. I mean, the muppets show at California Adventure and the Bugs Life thing both use 3D and it's less than stellar.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Indiana Jones & the Temple of the Forbidden Eye does it by having 1 of 3 different room facades to drive into, and then it varies dialogue in 2 more key locations along the way, so it's a "branching" ride. For them to get to 54 choices out of Star Tours, it'd have to be broken down into 4 parts, with 3 of them being one of 3 branches and another of them being 2 branches (3x3x3x2=54). That said, I doubt the changes will be as big as you guys expect, I bet there will be 3 main branches and then light variety in dialogue at key locations afterward, and 2 different endings.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The Maker himself, along with Rick McCallum, recently visited the Disneyland Star Tours to check on its progress. The page has a photo of the animatronic C-3PO from the cabin - he looks a bit on the matte side, but still, I'm glad there's going to be an actual C-3PO instead of just a video.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I use the ol' double-post to bring you the "stars" of Star Tours. The new ride will involve, in some capacity, C-3PO, R2-D2, Darth Vader, stormtroopers, new skytroopers, Boba Fett, Yoda, Admiral Ackbar, Princess Leia, and (they say maybe, but who knows why) Chewbacca. I remember rumors about Boba and Yoda being involved a while back, so there's your confirmation. I wonder how they'll all be involved, especially younger characters like Boba and Leia. This probably means that it'll be closer to ANH than ROTS. But how they have Leia? In voice only, or something? That's pretty crazy.

Geez, sounds like they're going to be pulling a The Force Unleashed with this.

I've promoted your post to news article, and given it a little editing to fit the news formatting a little more.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    I use the ol' double-post to bring you the "stars" of Star Tours. The new ride will involve, in some capacity, C-3PO, R2-D2, Darth Vader, stormtroopers, new skytroopers, Boba Fett, Yoda, Admiral Ackbar, Princess Leia, and (they say maybe, but who knows why) Chewbacca. I remember rumors about Boba and Yoda being involved a while back, so there's your confirmation. I wonder how they'll all be involved, especially younger characters like Boba and Leia. This probably means that it'll be closer to ANH than ROTS. But how they have Leia? In voice only, or something? That's pretty crazy.
    I think that they will have a younger actress playing Leia, as it is supposed to take place at some point before A New Hope. My only issue so far tho is Star Tours going to Dagobah to see Yoda. Yoda is supposed to be hiding at the time so it wouldn't make sense to have tour groups going to see him. Second, R2 will be with you so he'll be going there as well. But who knows?
    Good trader(s): TheDarthVader...thanks!

Young Leia, I hope they get someone who does a good job sounding like her. The actress in The Force Unleashed voices Padme on Clone Wars, she did a good job in TFU1 but not so great in TFU2.

What's this about 3PO taking over piloting the speeder, replacing Ace? I hadn't heard about that before, just read it yesterday.

This page revealed a new image of the Slave I (in ESB, post-Hondo Ohnaka reconstruction colors) chasing the Starspeeder 1000 while the half-constructed Death Star looms in the background. The planet looks like it could be Geonosis, given the coloring and asteroids; it would also make sense for them to construct the Death Star near there given the connection shown in AOTC. Looks pretty sweet!

I'll just continue in here, posting information for no one.

The destinations list was revealed today, and it includes Tatooine, Coruscant, Kashyyyk, Hoth, Naboo, and Geonosis, which as the picture teased, has the Death Star nearby. Whether or not we ever actually get there is another story, but given how the last tour went, I'm assuming it won't all go completely smoothly.