Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    For those of you who have ridden it, though, how does the 3-D work with all the chair/ship movement? Is it jarring or headache-inducing at all, or pretty seamless? Also, have you noticed a difference in how the motion is used? Evidently, they were previously only utilizing 20% of the flight simulator's range of motion and have now greatly increased that, so I'm interested to know how this one compares.
    It's not jarring, but it has a flaw I don't think they've considered (or is possibly the reason for slightly color-shifting the glasses), when you're moving around and your head isn't straight, the 3D effect is ruined. The polarization only works when you're looking at it straight, when you tilt your head the polarization of the light changes and it falls apart. It's generally only a momentary issue when it happens, you'll notice a color and shape that shouldn't be there in motion but as your head is moving around it'll return to vertical quickly and then it'll be clean again.

As for the motion, I have ridden 3 times (didn't end up riding on Thursday thanks to the line insanity) and it's not that noticeable an increase except at the back, where I hit my head several times - the back row really should be redesigned, since the beginning there's been no headrest except the back wall itself, and it's a taller area so feet dangle, and they shoehorned an extra seat that's jammed against the door. But I would say the motion isn't perceptibly greater except for response time, jarring from left to right or up to down.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    (didn't end up riding on Thursday thanks to the line insanity)
    Yeah, there weren't any more Fast Passes left once I got there yesterday, and the "fastest" the line was showed as 90 minutes (then the sign moved to 95 as we looked at it), so we passed on it.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Wow, the only days that the lines have cooperated on days I've been in the park, I've been a rider three times. Other days? Zilch. Yesterday, I finally saw the Leia and Ackbar holograms. Went to Tatooine all three times (spoiler: we won the pod race! ), then Geonosis/Death Star twice and Coruscant.

How many different possibilities are there?

Even with an annual pass, it could take a while to get them all, with the ridiculous lines the ride is generating. I got to ride it once, and it took me twenty minutes to get a FastPass. No joke, I was watching the "FastPass Return" clock counting up in five minute increments every twenty seconds because so many people were getting FastPasses. It was just my daughter and me, and I didn't waste time feeding our passes to the machine, but we still wound up with different times on our passes!

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    How many different possibilities are there?

Even with an annual pass, it could take a while to get them all, with the ridiculous lines the ride is generating. I got to ride it once, and it took me twenty minutes to get a FastPass. No joke, I was watching the "FastPass Return" clock counting up in five minute increments every twenty seconds because so many people were getting FastPasses. It was just my daughter and me, and I didn't waste time feeding our passes to the machine, but we still wound up with different times on our passes!
    Supposedly, since there are 6 planets, and 9 "changes," it makes 54 possibilities. What I've noticed:
    Planets:
    - Coruscant, Geonosis, Hoth, Tatooine, Naboo, Kashyyyk
    Openings at the Star Tours hanger:
    - Vader uses the Force, Stormtroopers stop, Droid scans for the spy
    Holograms:
    - Ackbar, Leia, Yoda
    Activities:
    - pod racing, avoid Boba, escape DS tube, wrong way Coruscant tunnel, flying around Hoth, flying around Kashyyk, whatever you do on Naboo (never seen that one, IIRC)

I'm sure there are several more, that I cannot remember now. And yesterday, the FP lines weren't too long, for a change.

Naboo, you dive into the sea past Otoh Gunga, through the "planet core" before escaping the sea life and landing at Theed hangar.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.