Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Would You Buy The Trade Federation's MTT Vehicle?

I have started a new thread series.

This will discuss ONLY the vehicle in the title of the thread (in this case the Trade Federation's MTT vehicle from The Phantom Menace).

I will cover several unmade vehicles for the action figures per week, choosing them from a rotating schedule through the movies and the Expanded Universe.

I'll order it TPM, AOTC, ROTS, ANH, ESB, ROTJ, EU, and then keep going back through the order in that manner.

So here I'm only asking you if you'd buy the Trade Federation's MTT from The Phantom Menace?

I envision this vehicle for the $50 price range possibly. At least it should be.

They could make this as large as the AT-TE but not price it so high.
    I don't think this think should come with any electronics and basically be almost a hollow shell with an extending battle droid storage rack on the inside. You could use it to carry other figures, but the droids could fold up on the rack for deployment into action. Maybe let the front cannons fire plastic missiles.

What would it say if electronics were installed? "Rodger-Rodger." Maybe have some blaster firing noises?

Do you want it made? How about for a $70 price range or higher and have it also launched wheel-mode Destroyer Droids?

Should it be electronic and be $100?

What other features would you want on it?

Why would you NOT want it?

How do you think it would sell if produced?

This vehicle hasn't been seen that much in Clone Wars, but I'm sure it is still in use. Would more appearances on the show help it sell? Is it cool enough that you want to see the animated series feature it more?

Funny thing, even though I've cut out most vehicles, I might actually get this one. I'd be on the fence depending on how well it's done and how much it costs, and scale issues would be a killer, but count me as a yes.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I'd buy this provided they didn't turn it into a tiny vehicle. It would need to be able to fit 1 AAT tank and an extending rack or 2 of battle droids for me to consider it worthwhile since thats what its purpose was in the film. But yes its one of the very few prequel vehicles I would now consider buying along with Dookus solar sailor.

Correctly done, this vehcle shouldn't cost less than $100 dollars. I can't see it being the size of the AT-TE and being able to house an ATT. MY big factor is it has to come with Battle droid racks and it has to come with the BD's to fill those. The BD's have to be able to fold. If those options are not available, then I'll pass.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

I would definitely buy this. As was said it has to be able to store droids hanging on the racks like in Phantom Menace.

Hasbro is already making the new Battle Droid sculpt that folds. We got a preview of the new one in the upcoming Target Geonosis 2-packs, so that's a start.

The MTT has already been seen in Clone Wars, though those are gray and blue. I would rather have the Brown one first.

I don't know what play features you could put on it other than what's mentioned.
    Hidden wheels of course.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

This has Clone Wars vehicle/line written all over it. I guess it would all depend on how the droid rack mechanism works, if at all. That is the make or break feature.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

I am going to go with a close NO on this one. I am just not interested in this one. *shrug*
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

I'd buy it. My Separatist/Trade Federation army looks too small compared to my Clone Army. The baddies need some big vehicles too!

[FONT=Courier New]The rack system would need to be modular and removeable so you could put an AAT inside if you wanted to.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I would buy it at 50, 75, or even 100 dollars if done correctly. LEGO's was pretty awesome and I wish I had gotten it when it was available, but at the time I wasn't collecting LEGO's.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I realize LEGO's business model and Hasbro's are VERY different, but LEGO shows Hasbro up ALL THE TIME and they are making a hard run for my toy money every time they put out a new SW set.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

Most definately.... this is such a cool vehicle and wouold love to see it get the 3.75" treatment.. maybe include 10 new SA battle droids that can fold up into the storage mode and include the small transport sled as well.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks