Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Cool A Daily Dose of "Stupid"...

So, last week, one of my co-workers lost a dollar in the vending machine. No worries; we posted a note for the vending company about the lost dollar. Another one came up and lost another dollar. We wrote a second one announcing the loss of yet another dollar. Apparently, someone decided to try their luck and lost a dollar. Big surprise! Another note was placed on the machine OVER the dollar slot.

I just went into the lunchroom and saw that someone came in today and lost another dollar in the machine even though there were notes all over the money slots and selection buttons, basically warning everyone to not put a dollar in. The only reason I know this is because the person just came in from the field today and isn't usually here and they scribbled a note on one of the pre-existing notes.

SMART!!!!

I wonder if anyone else thinks they stand a chance before the vending company comes out to fix this.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIpartner View Post
    So, last week, one of my co-workers lost a dollar in the vending machine. No worries; we posted a note for the vending company about the lost dollar. Another one came up and lost another dollar. We wrote a second one announcing the loss of yet another dollar. Apparently, someone decided to try their luck and lost a dollar. Big surprise! Another note was placed on the machine OVER the dollar slot.

I just went into the lunchroom and saw that someone came in today and lost another dollar in the machine even though there were notes all over the money slots and selection buttons, basically warning everyone to not put a dollar in. The only reason I know this is because the person just came in from the field today and isn't usually here and they scribbled a note on one of the pre-existing notes.

SMART!!!!

I wonder if anyone else thinks they stand a chance before the vending company comes out to fix this.
    [FONT=Courier New] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]What sort of business do you work in?[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]These people aren't designing bridges or building elevators are they? If so, I need to know.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

Oh yeah, I can relate with stuff like this.

Teaching in the public school system exposes me to these things on a daily basis.

I feel your pain JP, but at times it can be great entertainment!!
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Quote Originally Posted by JetsAndHeels View Post
    Oh yeah, I can relate with stuff like this.

Teaching in the public school system exposes me to these things on a daily basis.

I feel your pain JP, but at times it can be great entertainment!!
    [FONT=Courier New]Is it the students or the teachers that you see doing stuff like this?[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Ando View Post
    [FONT=Courier New]Is it the students or the teachers that you see doing stuff like this?[/FONT]
    While we, the teachers, are nowhere close to being perfect, I was referring to the students.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

ALL HELL STOOPED!!!!!!!!

Yeah, that's right, I said it. It had to be done.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

So, today, the same woman who lost her dollar in the vending machine was standing at the front door to the office as I was pulling into the lot. The office doors can only be opened by a keyfob before 8:30. HOWEVER... about 20 feet away from that door is the door to the pressroom. Since there are people working right next to that door at all times, it remains unlocked. I asked her how long she'd been standing there. She said, "ten minutes." I then asked her if it occurred to her to try the other door. She said she didn't know that door led to our building. Mind you, the pressroom extends another 500 feet beyond that door. So, yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIpartner View Post
    So, today, the same woman who lost her dollar in the vending machine was standing at the front door to the office as I was pulling into the lot. The office doors can only be opened by a keyfob before 8:30. HOWEVER... about 20 feet away from that door is the door to the pressroom. Since there are people working right next to that door at all times, it remains unlocked. I asked her how long she'd been standing there. She said, "ten minutes." I then asked her if it occurred to her to try the other door. She said she didn't know that door led to our building. Mind you, the pressroom extends another 500 feet beyond that door. So, yeah...
    This story reminds me of my favorite (attempted) burglary case of all time I worked:

Seems the bad guy attempted to get in by breaking a window to a covered patio. This did not go well for him as, in breaking the glass, he must have severed an artery. There was so much blood at the scene that it looked like a homicide took place. (BTW, we checked the hospitals and surrounding fire stations, but to no avail). The best part of all of this was that right next to the window our rocket scientist was trying to enter was another window with no glass in it; just covered by plastic affixed by duct tape. All the moron had to do was lift the tape and he would have been into the house.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    This story reminds me of my favorite (attempted) burglary case of all time I worked:

Seems the bad guy attempted to get in by breaking a window to a covered patio. This did not go well for him as, in breaking the glass, he must have severed an artery. There was so much blood at the scene that it looked like a homicide took place. (BTW, we checked the hospitals and surrounding fire stations, but to no avail). The best part of all of this was that right next to the window our rocket scientist was trying to enter was another window with no glass in it; just covered by plastic affixed by duct tape. All the moron had to do was lift the tape and he would have been into the house.
    Now that is some serious STUPID!!!!

I'm surprised that more people haven't posted stupid things they've witnessed throughout their day!

When I feel like typing it out, I'm going to have to tell you some of the tales of stupidity from when I was in banking. Man, oh man, you get some dumb people calling the bank to get loans to buy groceries, finding out the minimum is $3000, and deciding to go through with it anyway.
    Tommy, close your eyes.