Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warehouse 13

Warehouse 13

Anyone else watching it? It's kind of a good fluff companion piece to EUReKA. It's also kinda like the Love Boat and Fantasy Island of the SyFy Channel in that Joe Morton, Erica Cerra and Niall Matter from EUReKA have all appeared on it this season. This past week's episode featured Michael Hogan (Col. Tigh from Battlestar Galactica) as Agent Myka Bering's father. Also in the episode, playing his wife, was his real world wife, Susan Hogan.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Yeah, its a pretty good show, I'm enjoying it. I thought that Myka's father looked a lot like John McCain.

I think that Eureka is currently the best show on the channel, with Warehouse 13 second. That's basically all I watch on there, my wife watches Ghost Hunters. I'll watch but I'm not a huge fan of it like she is.

My favorite time was when they had Farscape, LEXX, and the Invisible Man. All great shows. But these two shows are pretty good, maybe they can build more quality programing around them. No more ECW or any of those terrible movies they show on there.

I've been enjoying it quite a bit. The trailers didn't make it look a little too cheesy, so I didn't check it out until one night when I was bored and it was about 6-7 episodes into it's season. Each episode has been pretty fun, though, and I've been loving that it involves well known and obscure myths. It actually reminds me of Stargate SG-1, before it only started using aspects of lore in ways that simply felt like afterthoughts. The cast is very enjoyable, CCH Pounder is perfectly cast as, well, pretty much herself. Saul Rubinek seemed incredibly familiar, but I couldn't place him anywhere. Apparently I've never see him actually starring in his own project, but he's appeared briefly but prominently in several of my favorite shows including Frasier, TNG and Stargate SG-1. I was surprised I didn't recognize him immediately considering how much I loved his SG-1 appearance, but Warehouse 13 is the first time I've seen him with a beard.

The only problem I really have with it, is that it's difficult to take Eddie and Joanne (Pete and Myka) seriously as Secret Service agents. I know the show wouldn't be even half as fun if either were absolutely stern and constantly had a stick up their rears, but you don't really get the impression that they would cut it if it weren't a TV show. Oh well, hopefully they'll grow into it.

Also, the CGI tends to be on the disappointing side. Granted, it's been better than the standard quality of siffy-exclusive movies, but when it's a CGI-laden episode you definitely notice which scenes the budget goes to. One of the worst instances I've seen so far was in the episode with the self-spawning dodgeballs. When it showed a close-up of three of them bouncing together, the CGI animation noticeably lagged when a ball's shape was flexing.

I hope a company makes replicas of the Farnsworth and Tesla devices at some point. They're fun looking gadgets!

Quote Originally Posted by Maerj2000 View Post
    Yeah, its a pretty good show, I'm enjoying it. I thought that Myka's father looked a lot like John McCain.
    Oh good, I'm not the only one that thought so!
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

The wife and I really like it. Just like Eureka, the science and the story are often ridiculous, but it's still very entertaining. It's a shame the season will be so short like Eureka's. Hopefully they'll pick it up again soon for more episodes.

Warehouse 13 was picked up for another season. It is their second highest rated show!!!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Quote Originally Posted by Maerj2000 View Post
    My favorite time was when they had Farscape, LEXX, and the Invisible Man. All great shows. But these two shows are pretty good, maybe they can build more quality programing around them. No more ECW or any of those terrible movies they show on there.
    Yeah, that's when I was watching Sci-Fi a lot. Those shows, along with First Wave and that Jules Verne show.

I watched the first episode of Warehouse 13, but forgot about it after that. I watched half a season of Eureka and the same thing happened there. I enjoyed both of them, so maybe I'll watch them someday.

I've been watching it. It's cute, but it definitely is a lazy show, feels like it aspires to be junk sci-fi as good as Eureka, but without the purpose. It's basically more fantasy than sci-fi, but with barely enough sci-fi pretense to squeak by.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Very strange finale episode. Kept hoping Roger Rees would have a problem with word arrangement, but I suppose it's not out of the question later. Very strange idea on how to deal with the occasional villain, but I suppose it's efficient since they have the storage space. Quite a cliffhanger ending, though, I'll definitely be eagerly awaiting next season.

I just hope the CGI, and Pete & Myka's attitudes are improved, and made more consistent.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I watched the first 2 episodes and have the next 10 on my DVrR. I need to watch them as I do enjoy the show so far.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten