Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Desert Sport Skiff re-release - yes, seriously

According to EE, they're repainting Luke's old skiff thing, putting Anakin on there, giving him some weird accessories, and putting it in the deluxe line. That is just surreal.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Oh. MY. GOD!!

That is so incredibly freakin' AWESOME!! A Cruisemissile re-release cannot be far behind, along with (dare I dream?) Boba Fett's big honkin' backpack and Han Solo's wicked sweet Smuggler Pack!!!

I only hope they put a hole in Anakin's back to connect a backpack that isn't included!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Oh. MY. GOD!!

That is so incredibly freakin' AWESOME!! A Cruisemissile re-release cannot be far behind, along with (dare I dream?) Boba Fett's big honkin' backpack and Han Solo's wicked sweet Smuggler Pack!!!

I only hope they put a hole in Anakin's back to connect a backpack that isn't included!
    I thought the EXACT same thing!!! Crowd Control Stormie as well!!!
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

[FONT=Courier New]I saw this on EE this morning as well. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]They may actually be out of ideas. Of they're effing with us to see what we'll actually buy.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]If they repack/repaint the Lars Homestead and include AOTC Beru and Owen, then we'll know it too be true.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Snowtrooper View Post
    The whole deluxe line wreaks of cheapness.
    Some of the new items are quite nice - the redone AT-RT, the Freeco speeder, etc. They're just so few and far between that the line seems overrun with repacked stuff.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

They had seriously better re-pack the Crowd Control Backpack with Clonetroopers.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I saw that, and my jaw dropped. At first I thought they were merely paying homage to it, then I looked closer and saw it was the real mccoy. Talk about cheeseball! That toy clearanced out 14 years ago because of its massive suck, and now they want double its price?!?

That crowd control backpack better have a harness this time, that giant peg jammed into the figure's back would be bullcrap, and impossible on a modern mid-torso-jointed clone.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

They didn't do a single bit of re-tooling for the Skiff, it looks like, so why would you expect them to change the Crowd Control Backpack? It would need the useless claw and the hoses that don't stay connected to be totally AWESOMES!!!!

Okay, totally honest, I really think the concepts behind the Crowd Control Stormtrooper and Han's Smuggler Pack are at least as solid as the Cruisemissile Trooper. The Sport Skiff, not so much; it's not totally out of the realm of possibility for Luke to have what's basically a scooter, but why's a kid need giant cannons on it? And the Boba Fett Super-Omega-Kick-Your-Butt Superlaser Jetpack With Massive Wings & Multiple Cannons P-chew, P-chew! Backpack is the dumbest thing I've ever seen, even counting that guy who was protesting with the "Get a brain, moran!" sign.

It'd be interesting to see how the EU has to twist itself around to explain Luke and Anakin using the same Sport Skiff, though. And, really, how many freaking times can Anakin go back to Tatooine? Did he eventually go all Dark Side because the Council kept sending him to where his mother died in his arms and it just finally made him snap?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I think Hasbro is sorta dropping the ball on this as well as the 2010 Battle Packs for the Legacy series.... nothing but straight repaints / repacks.....

the Anakin Figure with the desert skiff does look like a new version of Anakin so it might be something to see but at this rate they are easy passes in my book
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks