Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Would You Buy Senator Amidala's Star Cruiser Vehicle?

I have started a new thread series.

This will discuss ONLY the vehicle in the title of the thread (in this case Senator Amidala's Star Cruiser Vehicle from Attack of the Clones).

I will cover several unmade vehicles for the action figures per week, choosing them from a rotating schedule through the movies and the Expanded Universe.

I'll order it TPM, AOTC, ROTS, ANH, ESB, ROTJ, EU, and then keep going back through the order in that manner.

So here I'm only asking you if you'd buy Senator Amidala's Star Cruiser Vehicle from Attack of the Clones?

I envision this vehicle for the $70 price range possibly.

They could make this about the size of the ARC 170 but because it is a new and never-released-before-mold, it might justify the cost.

This vehicle would have to come with electronics to make it more exciting but it should also seat Anakin, Padme (at pilot stations), and C-3PO on a fold-down chair. There should also be a station for R2-D2. Fold-out landing gear would also be very cool, and a boarding ramp, too.

What would it say if electronics were installed? I think it should have Samuel L. Jackson's voice (as Master Mace Windu): "Anakin - protect the Senator at all costs."

Do you want it made? How about for a lower price range?

What features would you have to have on it?

What could you leave out and still have yourself wanting to purchase this ship were Hasbro to make it?

Why would you NOT want it?

How do you think it would sell if produced?

This vehicle was seen in the first Cartoon Network Clone Wars, but I'm sure it is still in use. Would more appearances on the show help it sell? Is it cool enough that you want to see the animated series feature it more?

Nope. Not gonna want it; and won't regret it at all if $70. They'll never get the chrome/shine right on it ever, and trying to do it myself is just too frustrating.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

nope. don't want or need it.

if produced it needs to have a button that does everything though. hasbro could cheat and put it in the cockpit.

No, I bought the Queen Starship and got rid of it later. Not making that mistake twice!

Nope. Uninspired, unoriginal, boring design. Zero aggression-factor make it about as exciting as a station-wagon. Also, as pbarnard mentioned, Hasbro will never get the chrome finish right and would just cast it in silver plastic, so it would look like cheap garbage.

I would say no also. Now, if they actually vac-metallicized the body exterior, they might lure me in that way. But we know they don't like to use that process, so chances are its not gonna happen.

No, no interest. If I wanted a Naboo ship I would have picked up the Royal Starship.

Nope. This one was kinda boring even when AOTC was new.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

ooooo. I want this one bad! Just because no one else does.

J/K.

I have no opinion on this one.

Often times I find that an announced product gets my attention and then when I see it face-to-face I sometimes lose interest. I feel this would be one of those items...

-A-