Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

I hate the Clone Wars figures

I understand that there's a big following for the Clone Wars animated-style figs, but they're inundating the pegs. I can hardly see any Legacy; they're hopelessly outnumbered by Clone Wars. Even Saga Legends are pushed to the periphery by Clone Wars crap.

I almost miss seeing full pegs of Yarna. Better than that ridiculous Cad Bane, which is everywhere, making the SW section look more like something out of Bakugan or Ben 10 Alien Force.

The Star Wars section of a toy aisle should be Vader, Imperial troopers, Rebels, and Cantina and Jabba aliens and their ilk, not these wierd things. I didn't mind them so much when they were still a kind of sideline, but now they are the main focus, it seems. And I don't like it, I don't like it one bit.

I have nothing constructive to offer, just general angst. This is not my Star Wars. "My" Star Wars is mostly become hard-to-find store exclusives, or the occasional Legacy figure crammed behind rows of oddly-formed Anakins and Battle Droids.

End rant and overuse of smileys.

I feel your pain, we're inundated with Clonetroopers of all kinds over here; but it's still a much better year for OT collectors than 1999 or 2005 were.

However, I have been noticing a disturbing trend in the stores near me where the Star Wars aisle is almost primarily Clone Wars, then there are a few rows of Saga Legends and the Legacy figures are almost non-existent. That doesn't bode well for me and everyday I'm practically expecting to hear the announcement from Hasbro that the Legacy line is going on "hiatus."

i'd be much more excited about clone wars figs if they were realistically styled.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Fossil View Post
    This is not my Star Wars.
    And neither is it mine. It's a horrible franchise that's more a testament to Lucas' worship of money and what he thinks are marketable products than a serious line. It's also a testament to note that the ENTIRE line is basically one large pegwarmer in nearly every store I go into. Lucas has effectively taken the Clone Wars, something we've heard about for 30 years, made an overwhelmingly underwhelming prequel trilogy about it, and compounded it worse with Nikelodeon-style cartoons. It also says something when video games (KOTOR) and comic books (Ostrander/Durema/Parsons) trump the actual source material.

The current distribution means I don't pass on anything. If I see anything new that's Legacy, I buy it unless I'm 100% sure I don't want it. It's easier to return things than to pray I ever see them again, which I normally don't. Just Legends Plo Koon and Saessee Tiin.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

The current lack of Legacy figures is due more to the weird release dates than anything else. The fact that they released three CW waves in like a month's span and didn't do any Legacy stuff all summer kind of messed it up. The fact that there are 34 new Legacy figures coming out between now and the end of the year, compared with the 7 new CW figures in the same time, leads me to believe that there's no reason to worry that CW has completely taken over.

Does anyone else find it a little ironic that Old Fossil is complaining about Cad Bane but championing Baniss Keeg?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    The fact that there are 34 new Legacy figures coming out between now and the end of the year, compared with the 7 new CW figures in the same time, leads me to believe that there's no reason to worry that CW has completely taken over.
    Yes and no. Hasbro is making them, but they have different SKUs than the Clone Wars. Clone Wars keep selling through. It's getting reordered, period. Aside from a couple of figures, Legends are selling through, and getting reordered. Legacy had a few pegwarmers, and, when new stuff hits, it vanishes. It's impossible to find now, and we're nowhere near the end of the line. The temporary focus on Clone Wars means that the stores, who don't actually analyze the "whys" behind sales, only see Clone Wars selling like gangbusters, and Legacy selling not nearly as much. So they get ordered less, and the orders get smaller and smaller as fewer are ordered and sell.

I saw the AOTC wave once. Somehow, I saw Beru and Owen twice, though I personally cannot fathom why the rest of the wave would sell and not those two. I've seen the TPM wave, supposedly shipped in much higher numbers, once, with the "redundant part" figures and two duplicates. Not a single figure remains now from what I saw.

Gotta say, I've got a very bad feeling about any upcoming Legacy waves.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I for one am thrilled with the new Clone Wars series - seeing Cad Bane and his band of bounty hunters (including Bossk and IG 86) crash the party in one of the last episodes was really exciting. The series is creative, energetic, and fun to me although I am not crazy about the CW figures either. I have to remember this is for a younger audience. At my target there are just as many legacy figures out as CW and anyways the CW ships and vehicles are pretty nice.

I'm a fan of the series and do collect the figures. while i agree with alot of what is said on this thread (I too would love to see a more uniform offering of figures as well as more realistic styled Clone Wars figures), i can agree with the notion that the current direction is not Star Wars.....

by me there is more of an abundance of the old Blue Legends carded figures then anything else with very few of the new Red and White and even fewer of the Clone Wars figures. Yarna is finally sorta drying up, haven't seen alot of her in about 2 months so either Hasbro came through and cleaned the pegs of the pegwarmers or someone bouoght the lot hoping she is going to be the biggest collectible in 30 years from now (or someone is a huge fan of Yarna )

I myself am getting frustrated that I can't find Cad Bane or the other 3 figures from his wave that i'm looking for, and as far as the new Legacy figures I was able to pick up 3 of the TPM wave but have yet to see them on the pegs since....and no sign yet of the ROTJ wave. or for that matter any of the new comic packs.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist View Post
    I myself am getting frustrated that I can't find Cad Bane or the other 3 figures from his wave that i'm looking for, and as far as the new Legacy figures I was able to pick up 3 of the TPM wave but have yet to see them on the pegs since....and no sign yet of the ROTJ wave. or for that matter any of the new comic packs.
    It took me forever to find Cad Bane, and after I did, I find out he's coming in a battle pack. Personally, I've only bought four Clone Wars figures; Bane, Rex, Cody, and Ashoka (of which she was a pain to find and is going to be in the same battle pack). I have enough E2 and E3 clones to fill my AT-TE and other vehicles and outside of Bane and Ashoka (who will never see the light of realistic figures), prefer the realistic figures to the animated.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-