Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

my fave knock off of all time

check him out, I don't wanna post the pic here so as to build to the reveal http://s140.photobucket.com/albums/r...specialman.jpg

What do you think??
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

Holy carp, Bubbleman! I've seen some insanely bad knockoffs in Chinatown and Little Saigon, but THAT is the undisputed king! That is destined to be a classic in the way Uzay are.

And since you forgot, &IsoBAWS
    Tommy, close your eyes.

That's hilarious!

...and just what makes him "special"? Depends on what kind of store he was purchased.....
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Well, now it's my favorite too. Damn that's hilarious. Maybe he's "special" from all the lead in his paint. Some poor fool at the factory had to create that "Specialman" art too.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

That is king of knockoffs! Astounding!

He must be from the planet Klepton.
    McCoy: What do those super sensitive ears make of that, Mr. Spock?
    Spock: Wood. Rubbing on some kind of leather.

Glad you like him, I've had him for over 10 years- he was at this mall on one of them litle fold-out "island" carts, there were hordes of other hilarious knockoffs there but the prices were ridiculous- Ol SpecialMan himself cost me 5 entire dollars, with the flimsy, awfully printed card (and yes JT I have tried to picture the guy using the 50's technology crafting that wonderful graphic many times) with nothing on the back...

I must have looked at him once a week for 2 months before I broke down and bought him- I just couldn't get past how awesomely bad the whole gestalt was- the long hair, awful cape- heck just the name "specialman" makes me laugh. A timely decision too, shortly thereafter the cart was gone, and shortly after that the whole mall was razed and a Wal-mart put in its place.

Of special interest on SpecialMan is the obvious x-men belt he's wearing (dunno if that comes through in the pic)

I've been meaning to take a pic of him for years but never got to it- I have 2 hilarious Darth Vader knockoffs that I will post soon in the appropriate section

DH- more like the planet Krapton
    Iso&Baws
    Thanks for adding that Chux. Glad to finally share what is possibly the most awful knockoff ever
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

So, it's a non-ugly version of Bizarro? That is awesomely horrible!

I've always wondered if bootleggers that make stuff like that ever actually show some sort of profit from it.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Quote Originally Posted by mabudonicus View Post
    DH- more like the planet Krapton
    Don't you mean "Karpton"?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

That is hillarious.

And to think all this time I was a true fan, when I never had a Specialman in my collection.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

$5 you paid for that? Even in deflated valued Canadian money? Mabs, I know that "Specialman" is beyond priceless, but you got ripped off.

Perhaps he is Superman's unknown disabled brother?
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.