Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

3rd Annual 2009 SSG October Halloween Horror Movie Challenge!

Welcome to the Third Annual (2009) SirStevesGuide October Halloween Horror Movie Challenge!!!

All members are encouraged to participate!

Here is a link to the 2007 challenge.
    and a link to last year's 2008 challenge.

The rules are simple:

Watch any feature length horror movie between the month of October (1st-31st) and post your results here; with each entry including the day watched, the movie's title, and listed in numerical order. This is the basic format, please see the example below. Feel free to add your own comments about each movie watched, the year it was released, who starred in the film, and other miscellaneous information, if you so desire.

The qualifications are fairly flexible, with the only requirement being that the film is a horror movie in some aspect, whether it be a straight up Horror Movie (like Halloween), a Horror/Comedy (like Shaun of the Dead) or a Sci/Fi Horror movie (like Alien). There is definitely some flexibility here; common sense should be used.

Example:

October 1st
    1. Halloween [- (year) - comments, etc, if you want!]

October 2nd
    2. Shaun of the Dead [- (year) - comments, etc]
    3. Alien [- (year) - comments, etc]

That pretty much sums it up. Most of you should be familiar with these challenges by now, but if you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Again, the challenge will start on October 1st (@ 12:00am), in a little over a week, and will run until the 31st. Any movie started before 12:00 am on the 31st, but ends thereafter, will count!

Have fun!!!

"That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

I ended up watching 42 movies last year, which is not bad I suppose. This year I am going to set my goal at 31, or one a day - though I don't have half the free time I did last year, so I'll be lucky to watch 15 movies. But I'm gonna try and watch a bunch. I'm definitely getting in the mood to do so.

Like last year, I'm going to try and watch movies that I have never seen before, though that did not turn out well. Out of the 42 I watched last year, only 6 were first time viewings.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Only a few days away! I'm gettin' excited!

i watched TCM: Next Gen last nite. even if it were Oct. i wouldn't count it. One of the worst movies i've seen, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Jax View Post
    i watched TCM: Next Gen last nite. even if it were Oct. i wouldn't count it. One of the worst movies i've seen, ever.
    Yeah, that movie is something else...

[FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Arial]October 1st[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]1. A Nightmare on Elm Street [/FONT]
    [/FONT][FONT=Arial](1984) - Started it off with the same movie as last year. Great flick, classic!
    [/FONT]

October 2
    1. Quarantine (2008) - While doing a piece on a firefighter unit, a television reporter and her cameraman get locked in a large apartment building where the tenants have become infected with a virus that turns them into crazed flesh eaters in this awful documentary-style horror movie. [font=impact]First Viewing![/font]
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

[FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Arial]October 1st[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]1. A Nightmare on Elm Street [/FONT]
    [/FONT][FONT=Arial](1984) - Started it off with the same movie as last year. Great flick, classic!

[/FONT][FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Arial]October 2nd[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]2. The Strangers [/FONT]
    [/FONT][FONT=Arial](2008) - Only my second viewing. It's decent. Could have been better, could have been worse.[/FONT]

Christian Slater--action hero!

Oct. 2: Alone in the Dark-You know you're in trouble if your hero is Christian Slater, and Tara Reid is playing some sort of scientist. I don't even recall seeing trailers for this 2005 mess.
    I really should be working. Really.

Oct. 2
    Alone in the Dark: You know you're in trouble if your hero is Christian Slater, and Tara Reid is playing some sort of scientist. I don't even recall seeing trailers for this 2005 mess.

Oct. 3
    The Last Man on Earth: (1964) This scared the hell out of me as a kid. Now, not so much. Through the magic of Hulu, I saw this black and white Vincent Price classic tonight. It's a fine palette cleanser after yesterday's awful movie.
    I really should be working. Really.