Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

How about a new Outrider?

[FONT=Calibri]I think it is time for one of the coolest ships in the Star Wars universe to be updated. I am not talking about any of the leading ships in the original triligy, but a ship that played a vital role behind the scenes. I am talking about Dash Rendars Outrider. Although it is not as iconic as the Millenium Falcon, it is however a well designed ship that blends into the world of Star Wars. The original toy was a little cool mixed with huge disappointment. I believe to this day there is still demand for that little thing, so I believe collectors would welcome an improved version. I think Hasbro could use the BMF design with some alteration to the mold. I think the Outrider should be about two inches wider than the BMF, still incopperating sounds and lights. The main hull would have removable panels to access the interior as well the entry ramp much like the Falcons. The BMF’s interior could be reused with modifications. Take out the Radar Dish and add another computer console that would light up when prompted. Keep the medical bay for emergencies but remove the chess table for more cargo hold. Hasbro could even reuse the little fighter that could be docked in the same location. The upper main cannons would be manned similar to the Falcons, but construct it to where you control the direction of fire by turning the lower cannons. Now to the cockpit. The cockpit should seat two figures, much like the forward seats on the Falcon with a little space behind them. On the rear of the cockpit tube should be a spring loaded escape pod that one figure could be seated in. Now throw in some lights and sounds, and a updated Dash with his trusty droid, and I believe this would be a awesome set. What do you think?[/FONT]

I never got into SOTE, but I have to think that the overall support for this would be small. There's no way they're going to retool the BMF to make an Outrider - do you honestly think that enough people would pay $150 for it? I just wouldn't get my hopes up at all if I were you.

Sure, they could do a lot of things. But nobody is going to plunk down $100 on a ship from a 13-year-old video game. I don't want to rain on your parade, but I do want to be realistic here.

Also, a YT-2400 is much smaller than a YT-1300 in terms of space. While the first one did suck, it doesn't justify the suped up reissue. There are other EU ships that have been in more sources over a longer time that would be much higher on the lists, never minding the amount of acutal movie ships. Want to know how bad the YT-2400 sucks? It was only included in X-Wing Alliance in the Bothan missions and never available as a playable ship indvidually. So if the ship geeks at Lucas Arts at the time thought it wasn't any fun to fly and play in to put into a second game, guess what, it wasn't that fun to begin with. JJL, it wasn't just a video game (people should read books before condemning them).
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

Quote Originally Posted by pbarnard
    JJL, it wasn't just a video game (people should read books before condemning them).
    Where did I condemn anything, other than an unnecessary $100 vehicle? And I know it had other incarnations, but seeing as how novels aren't a visual format, making a toy from one still seems strange (yeah, yeah, it was in the comic and in the background of ANH and all that stuff).

I would say no to yet another toy based on this second-rate Millennium Falcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Where did I condemn anything, other than an unnecessary $100 vehicle? And I know it had other incarnations, but seeing as how novels aren't a visual format, making a toy from one still seems strange (yeah, yeah, it was in the comic and in the background of ANH and all that stuff).
    Sorry, that wasn't at you, but a general % of people here who say things about things they haven't read, judge by cover etc.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

We're finally getting the titanium version and that's enough for me. There's no way I'd buy it again in the 3-3/4 figure scale. In fact, I waited until I got it for about $5 on Ebay when I bought the first version.

That's the thing. Some of the older vehicles such as the Skyhopper were good interpitations into the toyline. But the outrider was a joke. It did not even resemble the original design and was turned into a floppy B-wing. If it was updated, I imagine it would be slightly larger than half of the size of the BMF. We have recieved a number of X-wings and even a goofy Tie fighter with a rebel symbol. I believe it's time for a fresh perspective on what ships should be released. I bet if the Y-2400 was thrown into the clone wars somehow, you would jump all over it.