Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: alternate builds

Originally posted by jedi master sal
    I've been jones'in for new SW stuff for awhile now. It didn't even bother me to pay the $19.99 for the set. (i think 10-12 should have been enough though)
    Same here, I'm not really a Lego collector. But I may have to buy one of these early anyway. Because I need a E2 toy of some kind, to satisfy my rabid thirst for all the E2 figures we won't be getting until April 23rd.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 02-26-2002 at 03:34 PM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Its worth it, JarJar. I love mine, and haven't even built it yet!!
    I am just savoring it until I can bring myself to open up the box.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

JediJason, it's cool with the spoilers because the pictures they show don't really give anything away, other than the appearance of the ship. However, the instruction booklet does show other sets to be sold later that include some spoilers.

JediTricks - I bought two dozen sets because I wanted to get the droid for "army building" . . . . Imagine my deflation when I realized it was just the dome
    I'm not surprised they only included the dome, because as you said it is movie accurate. I thought it would be cool to be able to build the droid for imaginative play. The first thing I did upon opening it was to build 2 small vehicles, and it would be cool to put a whole droid at the controls.

Sal - I too didn't mind paying that price, even though it could have been lower. In general, there has been a lot of talk recently about the new toys and it was fun to actually get an official start on the AOTC products.

Rep. Binks - Give it a try! I know you are pumped for the figures, but since they won't be out for awhile, now is a good time to enjoy LEGO. Personally, I used to abstain form them until I bought a few clearance sets on a whim a few years back. Now I'm hooked and can't believe it took me that long to buy them.

Jango96 - Enjoy!

Caesar, you have no creativity, there's a secret "super alternate model" where you use the pieces to build a giant robot and the astromech dome is the tiny head! "Look out, it's an army of Super Droid Fighters!!!" (ok, maybe not )

I can't wait to get this set, I really want to know what the underside is like.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Got mine yesterday, very nice set. My first Lego SW's ship, not counting my 1 Droid Fighter.

I wish my Wal-Mart would get this set in, I so need some E2!!!! *eagerly taps his foot repeatidly*
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Originally posted by JediTricks
    I can't wait to get this set, I really want to know what the underside is like.
    I like the landing gear, it's better than just building a few bricks underneath that have to be removed for flight

Good idea with the Super Droid Fighter !

Sounds like a cool set.I doubt my WM will have it but I'll
    have to check it out.Thanks for the update.
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

Welp, my Wal-Mart had it last night and my aunt who works in the deli was able to pick me up the last one on the shelf.

It is well wortht he $20, let me tell ya! While the basic construction leaves something to be desired (not very sturdy design) like with wings that are only attached to 4x4 black hinged "trap door" and the wings are pretty long for it. Also the landing gear is a bit sensitive but fine and the cockpit isn't perfeclty sealed, on the sides theres a small crack under it because due to the short height of the cockpit piece to put in the pieces that would be needed and still be able to fit Obi-Wan would be impossible.

Overall though, it's a nifty set, kinda wobbly and loose but you'll get used to it, mostly I'm just displaying it until I get other E2 LEGO sets but you can make with it.

It would be an easy set to tweak though, I plan on getting an extra one when they're easier to find and using sturdier pieces and then for sloping wings I'm gonna use the hinged bricks like the Snowspeeder.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Originally posted by LTBasker
    and the cockpit isn't perfectly sealed, on the sides there's a small crack under it because due to the short height of the cockpit piece to put in the pieces that would be needed and still be able to fit Obi-Wan would be impossible.
    Yeah, I was pretty disappointed in that as well It's a pretty delicate design, I thought that surely I must had built it wrong. But I checked the pics on the box and yep it's supposed to be that clumsy.

Overall, I do like it though