Thumbs up Leia Organa (Slave Outfit) - B.A.D. 2009 #17

I just got this one shipped to me with my ROTJ wave this morning. I have to say that there was a LOT of love given to the creation of this figure.

Firstly, there's no mistaking the gender of this Leia. She doesn't look like a man or a monkey or a mongoloid. She looks like a girl. Does she look like Carrie Fisher? Mmmmmm... not exactly, but she does look like Leia. You know what I'm saying?

Sporting 14 points of articulation, I think this the definitive Leia in this outfit. The only thing I wish they'd given her is a longer chain accessory. What you get with this one is the portion that remained after Artoo zapped her free of Jabba. Still, I'm not gonna complain too loudly about that. She comes with a chalice that is painted up rather well and also one of those vibro-pike things, which is pretty much standard fare. You'll be happy to know it's not very rubbery.

The torso is easily removable from the legs, but isn't a loose connection by any means. It snaps into the "in repose" unit and looks great. With that, you get one solid piece that has the legs, skirt, boots and the cushion. It looks AWESOME!!! I'm sure it will look even more awesome when I put it up on the dais with my vintage Jabba. I think that's the best version of Jabba to date-- besides the Clone Wars one. If Hasbro puts out another Jabba, I will probably pass on it as I've got the modern one that came out a few years ago. I didn't care for it. But... that's another story.

So, in short, this is the figure to get from this wave. GET ONE NOW!! Heck-- get TWO!!

OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

nice review.... can't wait to snag one at retail along with DS II Luke... looking forward to seeing this wave soon. how is the rest of the wave in comparsion to Leia ?
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

My fave part of the whole review is the lack of the word "Dias"
    Iso&Baws&Topes
    Sounds like a fine figure- too bad it probably won't end up being available up here
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist View Post
    nice review.... can't wait to snag one at retail along with DS II Luke... looking forward to seeing this wave soon. how is the rest of the wave in comparison to Leia ?
    The wave is good. The Ewoks are, well, Ewoks. I can't get too excited over them as they are variations on the previously issued moulds from what I can tell. The skiff guards are good. Malikili is actually kinda good considering he's not a very exciting character or design.

The DSII is a little bit of a let down, to be quite honest. The legs and the arms are clearly from the "scarf" Jedi Luke. He's got a new left hand and a new head. The lower portion of the torso is based on the hip section of the "scarf" Luke but is a new piece that extends further up so the top portion of the torso can ben and swivel. I find that using the original piece for the hips as a starting point was a bad idea as he looks just a little too slight across the hips. It's not terrible, but it's not as exciting as it could've been. The face looks a little more Colin Ferguson than Mark Hamill. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIpartner View Post
    I just got this one shipped to me with my ROTJ wave this morning.
    Dude! Where do you order from to be getting the ROTJ wave already? My online supplier promised to ship the TPM wave by the 15th and I still haven't gotten mine. I am so ready to switch....
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkJedi5 View Post
    Dude! Where do you order from to be getting the ROTJ wave already? My online supplier promised to ship the TPM wave by the 15th and I still haven't gotten mine. I am so ready to switch....
    Big Bad Toy Store (www.bigbadtoystore.com) had and shipped me my TPM wave last week and the ROTJ wave this week. I was surprised at how fast they arrived. I ordered them a couple months ago, so I was at the top of the list, I guess.