Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Ouch! $70 is a bit steep, I'd love to get it but that seems a bit expensive. Although I was almost about to spend a similar amount on that new Y-Wing fighter. Then I didn't but now I think that I should have because I haven't seen one again. Hrumph.

[FONT=Courier New]I do plan to get this, but I have a TRU by my office, so I will wait until they hit the store shelves and then I will buy. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]TRU's exclusives are easy to pick up, so I don't have a sense of urgency for this one even though I am excited to get it.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

I'd like to have this one, but $70 is just too high for a gunship. I didn't pay that much for my AT-TE, and considering the Lucky Lekku was only $50 at Wal-Mart last year I think the price is a little rediculous. I know there's a little retooling done to the body, but I think the big draw with this is the new doors and they just aren't worth the extra $20 over what I paid for the Lekku last year. If/when they ever clearance this down to the $30-40 level I'll consider picking it up.

I picked one up yesterday at my local TRU.
    I only did it so i could make a few quickie silicone molds of the new parts so i can easily upgrade my older versions. I am, of course, assuming the new one-piece doors will fit the gap on the older versions???
    I have two AOTC and one ROTS version, all MIB, and with the new slender wings i am making, they will all be more accurate eventually...(If not, i'll just sell the MIB older versions, and get more copies of the new one. Are the older versions hard to get? Would i get a decent price for them?)

Quote Originally Posted by Bar View Post
    (If not, i'll just sell the MIB older versions, and get more copies of the new one. Are the older versions hard to get? Would i get a decent price for them?)
    Depends on which ones you've got. I haven't looked on eBay for a Gunship in a while but I'm pretty sure the most valuable one is still the "Shark" Gunship from the Tartovsky Clone Wars series. Aside from that there are three other "old" style gunships. I think the AOTC is the next most valuable and the grey one from the first Clone Wars line is probably the least valuable. Let me know how the new doors work out it would be cool if it was a quick swap. I'm especially curious to see how the front works out. The small doors seem like you'd need to modify the Gunship to make it work.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkJedi5 View Post
    Depends on which ones you've got. I haven't looked on eBay for a Gunship in a while but I'm pretty sure the most valuable one is still the "Shark" Gunship from the Tartovsky Clone Wars series.
    Ahh! good thinking! I totally forgot i have one each of the "Rancor mouth" gunship and Arc-170 too!!!(It's a good thing you are here, dude!)
    Aside from that there are three other "old" style gunships. I think the AOTC is the next most valuable and the grey one from the first Clone Wars line is probably the least valuable.
    Yeah, i have one AOTC Red canopy, one AOTC Black canopy, one ROTS Green caopy, and the Rancor mouth CW version.
    Let me know how the new doors work out it would be cool if it was a quick swap. I'm especially curious to see how the front works out. The small doors seem like you'd need to modify the Gunship to make it work.
    I havent opened the box yet, but i expect the rear doors will pop on with no alterations(the box artwork looks like the rest of the gunship is unchanged).
    The front doors look like they need a small hole drilled in the lower footwell to properly hinge. That's cool, as all i'll be doing is fitting the front "door" and glueing it in place.
    I am also going to re-profile the top missile launchers to the shape they should be.
    I'll post images when i open the new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bar View Post
    The front doors look like they need a small hole drilled in the lower footwell to properly hinge. That's cool, as all i'll be doing is fitting the front "door" and glueing it in place.
    I am also going to re-profile the top missile launchers to the shape they should be. I'll post images when i open the new one.
    [FONT=Courier New]Before you start drilling, take a second look at the forward hatch of the new Crumb Bomber Republic Gunship... I believe all Hasbro did was tool/fabricate a new insert that fits into the existing area. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I noticed this when I opened mine and if that IS the case, I plan on purchasing a second one along with a second Lucky Lekku so I can have planet side and open space versions of both.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

I wasn't going to drill anyway. I was just going to make a mold of the part, and make it fit the previous hole...(Then fill any gaps).

My builds are always scale models rather than toys, so i don't require the front doors to ever open again!
    But i'll post pics!

Okay.
    I cracked open the TRU gunship.
    I have information to report.
    First of all, the rear doors DO fit onto the previous model.
    The differences to the main hull are fairly minor, and are just recessed "lips" for the new doors to sit on when closed. I retro-fitted the new larger doors to my 2002 version i am working on(Which i have removed the "suicide floor" and filled the hole left by it), and they fit like a dream. The pop on, and the mechanism works just like it used to.
    The front doors...
    The main hull has been slightly reworked to accomodate those new front hatches. There is a lip at the top on the inside to stop the new door from recessing too much into the hole, and the lower portion of the doorway has been squared off to fit the new piece(If you guys have a pre-CW Gunship handy, you will notice the "old" front hatch was rounded on the bottom).
    I got out my dremel and squared off the hole on mine to fit the part, removed the location tabs on the new doors, and removed the "finger tabs" at the top with my bench sander.
    Now they fit the hole better and i will be making a couple of small alterations before making a final mold of the pieces.
    When cast, the pieces will not hinge(I don't need them to), and i will be glueing them in place, and filling the gap around them.
    I am TOYING with the idea of getting the wings cast up...
    They are the correct thickness(Not the "four times thicker than they should be" of the toy).
    But till then, here are the pics.
    If anyone wants to see different angles, let me know.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1...c/DSCF0227.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1...c/DSCF0228.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1...c/DSCF0231.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1...c/DSCF0232.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1...c/DSCF0234.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1...c/DSCF0236.jpg