Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Talents? (music, art, etc.)

What kind of talents do people at SSG have? I play the trumpet, have a somewhat artistic ability, and can make my lips in the shape of a halibut...
    "Sometimes we are lucky enough to know our lives have been changed, to discard the old and embrace the new and run headlong down an immutable course."
    ~ Jacques Cousteau
    Great Traders: CowherPower

I play a jaw harp. I have a missing tooth to prove it. I also do a pretty good immitation of Carl Childers and the comicbook guy. I am also blessed with the ability to identify Texas freshwater fish species, while blindfolded, solely on smell. And yet, I remain single.
    Like my dad always said, "Be original son. Dont quote someone else."

Talking

I guess I'm an artist- I've painted those wee fantasy miniatures at a competetive level for at least 12 years, I build just about every type of model (mobile suit GUNDAM wins hands down), real and fantasy.
    I love music, and play guitar whenever the mood strikes.
    Heavy Metal is at the heart of all my endeavours.
    In short, I am an amateur professional(heh!).
    And since I'm vegetarian I'm a great cook too.
    Wooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

Um Mabudon, I have been meaning to ask what exactly your avatar is and what it means.
    "Sometimes we are lucky enough to know our lives have been changed, to discard the old and embrace the new and run headlong down an immutable course."
    ~ Jacques Cousteau
    Great Traders: CowherPower

Mabudon sounds like a man after my own heart.
    I spend upwards of 6 hours a day drawing and rendering.
    I have played Bass for 13 years, so, I am constantly active in music, bands and what not, metal bands. i used to skateboard, I have started to goof off on it a bit lately, but nothing crazy anymore.

I like to Draw, here is one of my pictures I drew with a pencil. I also love working out, making up my own music on the piano =)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	picture.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	84.3 KB 
ID:	795  

Nice work, Darth Rage Is she based on anyone you know ?

Mabudon is a real metalhead - Up the irons ! ! ! ! !

I act, I sing, I dance, I write, I play the saxophone and guitar and a little bit of piano. I can't draw too well though.
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

I can imitate the English-dubbed voice of the Rosinjin Scholar tasting judge from Iron Chef.

"The soul of this dish has been hidden by the chef's intentions, it could have been better if he had used more leeks."
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Well......let's see. I've been a songwriter for 17 years. I play guitar and sing in a rock band. I do residential and commercial landscape installations, and can design one hell of front lawn. With the exception of plumbing, I could build a house from the ground up, and can work on just about any American automobile. I drink Jack Daniel's....never throw up......quit smoking after 14 years....and have a 4 year degree in Psychology (minor in Sociology) from the University of South Carolina. I applied to 3 Law schools...was accepted to 1....but decided to pursue music instead.....hence the landscaping ........I've had a looooot of girlfriends, never been married, and NO KIDS! (phew!) I've spent the last seven months learning Spanish due to a Mexican employee, and can juggle 3 tennis balls until someone says "Stop...it's getting on my nerves". I despise hunting because I'm a tree-hugging animal lover, but can hit a target with my .44 as well as any camo'd redneck. I love to fish...both fresh and saltwater, and can stick a Q-tip completely in my ear....causing this weird coughing reflex..........but in terms of talent?.....well.....THIS is my one great talent: In the middle of a conversation with someone, I'll start to dart my eyes around the room and act like I'm getting hot...or sick. At that point (while I'm sitting down), I'll lean forward and start to moan in pain. I then dislocate my shoulder blades (you can hear the pop) and make this crunching sound (with my mouth) as I push my shoulder blades outward, giving the impression of wings growing out of my back. At the same time as all of this, I'm forcing blood into my face, rolling my eyes back in my head (I'm talking totally...only white showing), and inducing a vomit reflex that usually produces a mouthful of mucas...or bile...or whatever. At that point I look up at the person....wings, no pupils, red-faced, and bile, and in my best demonic voice while circling my head quote Evil Dead with "Why have you awaken us from our ancient slumber?".......it's a party classic!!!