Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Tie Interceptor TRU exclusive version

Didnt see a thread on this anywhere here, so figured I would start the thread... this 'movie accurate' Tie Interceptor is light years ahead of every prior version Hasbro has done...

I pulled out the previous POTJ version I owned to compare the two and its pretty amazing how different they look......

Hard to believe that I've been collecting the Modern Line since 1995, but even more shocking, it took until 2009 for Hasbro to produce a truly movie accurate version with accurate cockpit....

The wait was worth it....Considering there is soo little made of the classic stuff that gets me excited, this is my 'BMF' toy for the year.

And while the price point is $10 more than I expected, I cannot say that I am disappointed or regret the decision.....($50 is a lot of money though)

In fact, I own the Tie Bomber, the first 'BIG SCALE' Tie Fighter and the 'white version Big Scale' version, this is probably my fav....
    Real men buy Willrow

I've been considering the new TIE interceptor, haven't made a decision on it yet. The pictures I've been seeing on various sites look great, but as you say $50 is a lot of money. I've got the blue big wing TIE and the grey bomber, and my kid picked up the blue bomber at a con we went to last year. We're definately missing an interceptor for our Imperial fleet. I think I still have the old Kenner one boxed up somewhere, but its current location eludes me.
    Can you give me an idea of the size? Did they reuse most of the existing molds?

If you think about it I don't think the $50 price tag is too unreasonable. A carded figure costs almost $10 bucks these days anyway and with the new tooling they had to use to make the cockpit from scratch it should be no less that $40. Granted, the cockpit will no doubt be used in countless TIE reissues (actually already is being used for the SOTE TIE) so they will make their money back in spades eventually. And considering that TRU is charging $70 for the new gunship with new doors and guns, this doesn't seem so bad.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Picked one of these up yesterday and I'm very happy with it. The interior seems movie accurate and it looks like the whole pod is new with better/stronger spring action on the wings. On the bottom of the wings Hasbro added a little lip so that the ship can sit straight.

Why do the guns slide in and out?

The price is high, but since I don't buy that much hasbro stuff these days it's OK.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

I would probably agree that it's worth $40, but $30 or so would probably get Hasbro and the retailer the profit they needed to make it a successful venture. TRU has never been known for reasonable prices on toys, and the $70 gunship is a prime example of that. The last two vehicles I bought at the $50 level were last year's WM gunship and the Red 2 X-wing. I thought both were a little over priced, but the gunship was something I'd passed on before and seen the price increase, even on the secondary market. I'm very pleased with it, but I probably won't buy another. The Red 2 X-wing is the same story. It's the same mold that's been released several times in the past, I missed it every time due to the price, but this one included two figures (a new Wedge!) and the ladders. I'm pleased with it, but I probably won't bite on the next X-wing release. All the images of it I've seen so far look fantastic, but I'll probably bide my time and wait for TRU to clearance it down at least $10.

This looks very nice but I'm not entirely sure I need it. I never really had a problem with the POTJ one apart from the 'handle' cockpit ball. Since I'm not fleet-building for the imperials one passable older TIE interceptor may be enough for me as a representation of that vehicle. The reason I don't fleet-build Imperial starfighters is they are not diorama friendly - they are mostly only seen in flight unlike the rebel starfighters which are seen parked in busy hangar bays with loads of characters and troop transport vehicles, vehicle maintenance energisers, tauntauns etc. Thus I multiple purchase X-wings, Y-wings and A-wings but not TIEs. However I still don't have a single big winged TIE. I am pondering the SOTE version as the red glass doesn't look that bad to me.

I snagged this one today and I'm really happy with it. The TIE Interceptor is my favorite TIE of all time and this is my first movie accurate one. I got the TRU 181st one from a while back but this one is a really really great version. I've already got a big wing TIE but the next time the release a movie accurate one with the new cockpit I'm all over it.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Quote Originally Posted by morpheus282 View Post
    Can you give me an idea of the size? Did they reuse most of the existing molds?
    Here is a pic with the old POTJ release, Tie Bomber and new Interceptor

Lord, my green counter is embarassing!!!!

Give how much I am loving the new cockpit/pod section, I may pick up a BIG WING Tie when they re-release it using that middle section.

I will be honest, when I first bought this new one, I was kinda mad I jusitifed the newness elements of it regardless of its price....but that feeling lasted for two days....its probably my favorite Hasbro ship to date, aside from the BMF of course
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	003-3.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	35.1 KB 
ID:	21632  
    Real men buy Willrow

I just picked this one up on Saturday for my birthday and I have to say i am impressed. This one will go with my 181st interceptor and I don't think I will ever be on the prowl for another interceptor ever again. This new one is that good. The price absolutely stinks but it is a treat to get it out of the box and see how far the vehicles have come since my day when Star Wars was brand new.

Final verdict here for me is the $50 price tag is high but the ship is worth your dollars if you have the means. This one is what being an OT collector is all about.
    "Not again, Obi Wan is going to kill me."

So it's mostly the same outer hull and wings, ergo the size hasn't changed much over the years. I've always thought this was one of the few vehicles that's almost correctly in scale with the figures, so I'm glad it hasn't gotten smaller or larger.

I'm still a little hung up on the $50 price tag, but I may end up changing my mind. My primary 'wants' right now are the AT-ST and dewback, once they're out of the way I may go for the interceptor.