Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Would You Buy A Yuuzhan Vong Corral Skipper Fighter?

I have started a new thread series.

This will discuss ONLY the vehicle in the title of the thread (in this case the Yuuzhan Vong Corral Skipper Fighter from The New Jedi Order comics and novels).

I will cover several unmade vehicles for the action figures per week, choosing them from a rotating schedule through the movies and the Expanded Universe.

I'll order it TPM, AOTC, ROTS, ANH, ESB, ROTJ, EU, and then keep going back through the order in that manner.

So here I'm only asking you if you'd buy the Yuuzhan Vong Corral Skipper Fighter from The New Jedi Order comics and novels?

These ships, one pictured below, fought X-wing fighters and the Millennium Falcon, amongst other New Republic / Gallactic Alliance partisan ships, as well as TIE Fighters and Interceptors from the Imperial Remnant. They are biologically grown, as is all Yuuzhan Vong technology. The pilot wears a creature over his face that breathes for him and communicates his desired manuevers to the ship, and it complies with him - making these very difficult little fighters to defend against.

I think the ship should have an opening cockpit for one Yuuzhan Vong pilot figure - either included or sold separately - as they need to card Vong warriors as it is. The interface mask could be sculpted on an exclusive figure included with the vehicle, or it should be a removeable accessory with a carded character.

The ship could launch one plasma missiles from its front cannon. Other than that, it'd be very basic.

I'd hate to put this in the $20 vehicle assortment without more features. Folks here can suggest them. The pack-in Yuuzhan Vong pilot would be an obvious choice to increase this ship's sales and value.

Do you want this made?

Would you spend $20 for something like this? More if Hasbro included a pack-in pilot?

Do you generally dislike the Expanded Universe or feel the movies are all you have the time for? Did you buy the Republic Fighter Tank?

How do you think the Yuuzhan Vong Corral Skipper would sell if produced?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Coralskipper_negvv.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	42.0 KB 
ID:	21664  
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

YES YES YES (whole bunch of words that would get me banned that rhyme with trucking, hit, "leave us" Tap Dancing Hiest, etc) YES!!!!

It wouldn't sell much I fear, but one cool feature I'd like is a working volcano cannon. Let it shoot out a red/orangish ooze. It would be great!!!! I'm indifferent on the inclussion of the cognition hood. It should be aproximately the size of an A-Wing, maybe a tad bigger. It should be the same price as a standard vehicle these days (low to mid20s).

I would buy these. Maybe 2 or 3. No, I didn't buy the Tank, but that's because I've given up on the prequals except for Alien (and background human) Jedi and Droids.

One problem is that Corralskippers are supposed to be unique and a bit more asteroid/reef like. About 1/3 of the source drawings really fail to reflect the descriptions provided by many of the prose authors. There really isn't a "cockpit" or "viewport" because that is putting too much of the "human" slant on the thing and not making it truely as alien and wierd as the Yuuzhan Vong really are.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

No, and forgive me for not knowing anything or even caring about this whole storyline; but I think the "organic technology" thing is pretty lame.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

No [censored] way in [censored] [censored]. The New Jedi Order story line turned me off the EU in general. I won't support any EU toy. Junk, pure and simple. The whole Yuuzhan Vong thing would "work" just as well in Star Trek, Battlestar Galactica, Stargate SG1, Doctor Who or even the X-Files. I say NO, NO, NO!
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

I'm not buying anything that looks like it should be driven by Snorks.

Yeah, I'd get one. I think it would fit perfectly into the current vehicle line and while the above illustration isn't how I imagined them, I think it would look okay.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    No, and forgive me for not knowing anything or even caring about this whole storyline; but I think the "organic technology" thing is pretty lame.
    i agree with the organic technology dissing. i didn't like it with the gungans. and really don't like it with the vong (which is why i still haven't made it through a single book involving them). no way i'd buy it.

It depends on 1) the price and 2) what it looks like in person.

EU vehicle? Nah. EU vehicle that looks that stupid? Definite major nah.