Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Orange-pauldron Sandtrooper preorder on the 15th

Haw! The first Sandtrooper is days away from shipping and now they're posting links to preview the next one. This one is the orange pauldron trooper we all wanted in the first place, and it seems to come with the classic rifle with the big barrel. I am probably going to preorder this one with the same thinking as the first one which I just canceled, it's there until I can't afford it at the last minute.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'll be getting it to go together with the white pauldron one. Still I wish some improvements on it: helmet, armor and weathering.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=...ffiliate=pwise
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2d78xfn.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	68.7 KB 
ID:	21673  
    Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates but doesn't go away
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

What don't you like about the helmet and armor? I think this preview version's weathering is a little better than the white-pauldron figure coming out in a few days, but we haven't seen production photos on either.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    What don't you like about the helmet and armor? I think this preview version's weathering is a little better than the white-pauldron figure coming out in a few days, but we haven't seen production photos on either.
    The helmet has those microphone things too big the armor is too wide etc. They can be modified with paint or hairdryer and velcro but why would I need to do that on a $100 figure? The helmet should have looked like Gentle Giant's Stormtrooper bust helmet or at least like Kotobukiya's...

The weathering on the white pauldron version is not really cool, there were some pics posted at SSF. See attached. But overall I like these figures and hopefully SS will release the black pauldron Sandtrooper soon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	002uc.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	32.5 KB 
ID:	21698   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	004bq.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	38.6 KB 
ID:	21699   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	005jp.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	39.7 KB 
ID:	21700   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7ac8ca01a7.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	68.3 KB 
ID:	21701   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ac97e4c1c9.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	65.3 KB 
ID:	21702  

MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

Sideshow needs to fix the weathering....looks off......will order the Orange pauldron Sandy, for sure though
    Real men buy Willrow

I also forgot about the cod piece which is too small...
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

Quote Originally Posted by sergiurusu View Post
    The helmet has those microphone things too big the armor is too wide etc. They can be modified with paint or hairdryer and velcro but why would I need to do that on a $100 figure? The helmet should have looked like Gentle Giant's Stormtrooper bust helmet or at least like Kotobukiya's...

The weathering on the white pauldron version is not really cool, there were some pics posted at SSF. See attached. But overall I like these figures and hopefully SS will release the black pauldron Sandtrooper soon.
    Thanks for the pics. Yeah, I am glad I bowed out, that is not the figure for me, not at these prices. That weathering isn't very close to the prototype, and there's none on the backpack. That weapon isn't my to taste either.

As for the complaints, I do agree on the microphone things and the chest armor situation, and the codpiece, I had glossed over those in my mind, I suppose.

Orange pauldron goes on sale in only a few hours. I think I'm going to pass on PPO altogether, it's just not what my collection can deal with right now, I have a $500 car repair in the shop that just came up.

I'm getting both but only because I'm an OT Imperial collector. I wish SS wouldn't be so cheap sometimes and improve their figure the same way Hot Toys do with theirs.
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

Shouldn't the squad leader have binocs? Would have made a nice exclusive version.
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

I ordered this using $50 in sideshow credit points.....looks good, and I appreciate the differences, such as the backpack, pouches, etc

Hope they do the black version to complete the set...overall, very happy with the look of this one
    Real men buy Willrow